Saturday, December 13, 2008

Filling in...

I guess its time to fill in the gap of my blog. I haven't been up to blogging much lately. Not sure if its just cause nothing that exciting has happened or if its just me. Oh wait I do know. It just me! I can't get enough time to even do it without Ryken bugging me with something. Oh the joys of having an almost 18 month old. : ) The only reason I can do it now is cause Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is on and its Saturday so that means there are 2 on today! YAY! Okay I know I am a bad mom to let him sit and watch TV. But it gives me a few mins without him at my feet or trying to sit on me or something. My mom said its cause he loves me, but come on now does he love me that much that he doesn't want to be left alone?



Anywho, this past weekend we were able to make a short trip up to Woodruff to visit my family again. And this time I mean all of us. JUSTIN GOT TO GO WITH US!!! It was great having another adult with me on the trip up. It means that I got to stop and go to the bathroom without having to worry about what I was going to do with Ryken. Which was awesome believe me! : ) And it meant that I had another person to talk to that really could have a conversation with me instead of just a bunch of jabbering. But best of all it meant that we got our daddy and our hubby with us for the weekend. : ) We were going to leave on Friday when Justin got done doing some stuff for work. But he ended up getting home later than we thought so we just decided to leave on Saturday morning. So we spent a little time just relaxing that night. I had to take a picture of him in his new Christmas pj's that his grandma Buchberger got for him.




Then on Saturday we got on the road of course later then we wanted to like always. But we were able to make it up there in time for the Hatch family Christmas party that we were going up for. And we even got to stop in Snowflake to pick up some Bits pizza that I love so much! That night was also the Light Parade in Holbrook so we always go to that before the party. It was nice this year cause there wasn't any snow like the past 2 years. But it was still pretty cold. Ryken seemed to enjoy it for the most part he sat and watched all the floats and ate a sucker that he got there too.



After the parade we all headed over to the party. We always have a good time with my mom's side of the family. So nothing was different this year. Except for the fact that Ryken was so tired and grumpy. But that came and went thru the night. So we got to open another early Christmas gift and Ryken enjoyed his gift at this party too.





His face doesn't really show it but he does like it. : ) Like I said he was tired. We also got to enjoy some more family time and some Hot coco and donuts like every year. And also like every year we had a great time!



On Sunday we had a pretty relaxing day. We went to Church with my parents and afterwards went back to there house to enjoy more down time with family. Ryken enjoyed playing outside with daddy and grandpa and a few of his cousins, while mommy just relaxed inside where it was warm. : ) But he also had a little fun inside. Playing with grandma and grandpa's phone...





He is so funny with the phone. He tries to say "hello" but it comes out more like "yo". And while we were there of course Ryken didn't sleep that well like he always does when we go other places. So that meant that mommy didn't get much sleep either. So we got a chance that day to take a little nap together. And Justin of course had to snap a picture of it.



So like always we had a great weekend with my parents and this weekend we even got to spend more time with the extended family too. Including a few of my brothers and their families. Oh and before we left we had to get one more silly picture of Ryken. Someone found these safety/sport type glasses while we were there. So we put them on Ryken and got this picture...

Oh this kid is to much sometimes! But we love him so darn much!

5 comments:

Gina Lee said...

How cute! Looks like fun, and I'm sorry he didnt sleep well! Hope things are back on schedule now. Are we still going to meet up on monday?

Woodside's said...

I love his cute pj's. I need to get Jaran some! Ryken is sooo cute!

Brianna said...

What a fun (and action-packed) weekend! That's great that Justin was able to come too. :) I know exactly how you feel about letting the kid watch TV so you can have a few moments of peace... Britt thinks he's too old for naps now, and if it weren't for a few TV shows a day I think my head would explode! :) Anyway, glad you guys had a fun weekend!

DeWitts said...

Its always a fun time with family. Ryken is so cute in his christmas pj's!

Hannah + 4 said...

I think your lucky that Ryken will watch tv, Avree won't so I have to do my blogging while she sleeps. What a fun weekend! Can't wait to see you guys at the baker family Christmas party! I feel like we haven't seen you guys in forever!