Thursday, February 5, 2009

Not much going on...

There hasn't been much going on here at our house. So I haven't had anything to really blog about. We have been enjoying the weather outside since it has been so nice the past few weeks. Ryken and I have been going to the park every Thursday for the past month or so with some other moms and kids from our ward. It has been great to get out of the house. And hopefully it will get him to open up more and try to get a little more independent or at least get him to play with some of the other kids his age. So maybe then nursery won't be as bad. :) Yep you heard me right. Nursery is still not going the best. One week we had to leave after the first hour because he was not doing well at all. Even with me in there with him. And on top of that someone who shall remain nameless, didn't change his diaper before we left to church like I thought he had and so his pants got a little wet. So needless to say we cut our church day short. Then last week he did a little better but not much. Justin stayed in there for awhile with him then left. And he freaked out but once he got a snack he was fine. So maybe we should just wait to drop him off once snack time starts. :) I will just keep my fingers and my toes crossed that with time it will get better. That is what I keep hearing from other moms. I just feel really bad for the teachers most of all.

Also with the nice weather we finally got Ryken's Christmas present put together and put outside for him to play with. He got a basketball hoop and Justin put it together the other day and since then he has had so much fun with it. He will go up and dunk it and then throws his hands up in the air and dances around. He gets so proud of himself. It sure cracks us up. I tried to get it on video and up here but it didn't work out. :(

Here he is getting ready to show off his mad basketball skills. :)


See told you he could dunk it. :)

He was being really silly once the door was closed. He kept smashing his face against the patio door and I had to take a pic of this adorable smooshed face. He really wants in doesn't he?

Ryken has been getting really good at remember some of the animal sounds that we have taught him. And it is so cute and funny to get him to say them. He doesn't say a whole lot but the things that he does say he sure says them alot. :) But our favorites are when he points out some of his body parts. And like I said his animal noises. So I was able to get it on video the other day.




Man he really is one cute kid if you ask us. What do you think?
Oh and its been a few weeks since my last belly picture. So here is the latest one...

21 weeks and counting. It is really fun to get to go back and see the different sizes of my belly when I was pregnant with Ryken so I am looking forward to doing the same with this little guy.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Cara, Ryken is so cute! It looks like the belly is come'n! That is so fun! I need to hurry so that I can catch up with you and Brianna:) Ok maybe not for a while.

The Bozemans said...

I agree, Ryken IS adorable! I have to say, the fish noise was my favorite!

ensman said...

I love how all of his answers to your questions were so fast! He is so funny and cute! Your belly is looking cute as ever :)

Joanna said...

Your little man is so cute!! And growing so fast! O and your prego belly is adorable also!:) Hope all is well!

Mickey and Kelly said...

I'm still jealous of your bod Cara your one of the lucky ones...Cute prego girl!

Jensen Family said...

oh dont worry, it took bry a good month or so before she was ok in nursery! now she runs to her classroom and says bye! ryken is so cute! and so is your lil belly!!! awe :)

Anonymous said...

Cute belly pic and cute smooshed face! It's funny that when there is nothing going on, that's the most fun ever!

Hannah + 4 said...

Ryken is so cute! It's been forever since we've seen you guys! You have the cutest baby bump! I can't wait to see this little guy!

Becky said...

Ryken is a cutie :) And don't worry about nursery...he does just fine and we have other kids in there who are much worse about the crying than he is:)