Monday, April 6, 2009

Zoo trip...


On Friday Ryken and I got to make a little trip to the Phoenix Zoo with some of our friends, Kyla and Aeryn and Kelli and Mia. We had such a fun time, the weather was pretty nice and the company was great. : ) I hadn't been to the Phoenix zoo for like 6 years so it was fun to get to go and take my little guy to check out all the cool animals there. One thing that I didn't remember about the zoo was how many hills there were. And now having a stroller to push up those hills I think I may never forget them. : ) It was times like that when I was really wishing Justin was with us. But we made it thru the hills with out to many problems. : ) We got to see LOTS of different monkeys, An Elephant, Some lions, and a Tiger. And of course there was a few others along the way too. I really think that Ryken's favorite part was getting to the petting zoo. He liked checking out the goats there. I think he had one favorite one out of all of them, cause the goat just layed there so he could brush him and check him out.
But then another came along and he decided to give him a little hair brushing too.I think that Ryken and Mia enjoyed the goats a little more than Aeryn, but then again I think they all liked it cause they got to get out of the strollers and run around a little. : )

After we enjoyed some sitting time at the petting zoo we headed over to the "Little People" area to let them run around a little more. I was trying to get a picture of all of them together but failed to do it while playing here. But i was able to get a quick picture of Ryken and Mia riding the cow together. : )I have to say Ryken and I really enjoyed ourselves that day, getting to hang out with some friends and getting out of the house while it wasn't to hot. On the way out I was able to get picture of all 3 of the kiddos before we left. (Ryken was for sure out numbered by the girls this day. )And since I had failed to get a picture of Ryken and Aeryn in the little people area I got a little snap shot of the two of them on our drive home instead. Thanks again for the fun outing ladies. Hope we get to do it again sometime. And thanks Kyla for letting me use your free pass to get in. That made the trip even better that it was free for me. : )

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun! My friend got a summer pass so we will be a able to go a few times this year. I'm really excited. You're right about the hills though. and the zoo is so big that it's not like there are just a couple of them!
I'm glad you had fun! How are you feeling btw?

Kyla said...

YEAH!!! What cute kids we have! That was so fun, let me know when you want to go again... anytime, seriously!!!

Sassy said...

The zoo is ALWAYS so fun! He looks like he is getting so tall....hope you are feeling good....