Sunday, October 11, 2009

4 months old...

4 months and counting. Cy is still pretty much the same kind of baby as he was last month, with the screaming and crying part. But he still gets a few smiles in every so often. We also found out that he has a little bit of an acid reflux problem. So he has a little bit of a spit up problem which Ryken also had but Ryken never had a problem with keeping his weight up. So he is on some meds for that but not sure if they are helping out. We shall see what the doctor says at his check up in a few days. I am hoping she has good news with his weight gaining so that we don't have to do further testing. Keeping my fingers crossed. All I can say is that most days I feel like a brand new mom. I am dealing with new things when it comes to our little Cy guy that I never had to conquer with Ryken. I am just so glad he is so darn cute. That is what makes it worth every hour, minute and second that he cries. :)
My mister BIG eyes. :)Testing out the Bumbo for the first time. This is one of the things that he will actually sit in for more than a minute and not cry. :)Little brother, and Big brother. :)Tried to get a first bath together picture. :)Just my cute little Cy guy all bundled up.

Happy guy!4 months old!!

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

He is so sweet Cara!!! SO cute!!!

Natalie said...

Cara i went to Time Out for Women this week and one speaker said, sometimes our hardest kids make us better parents, they teach us more. I know that is so true. I thought about you since you are having a hard time with Cy. I am also having a hard time with Carsen and there are days I want to cry and pull my hair out but when I keep this thought in mind it helps me to find more ways to understand my little guy and even if I dont ever understand, it helps me to rely on heavenly father for help and maybe heavenly father is just using our kids to teach us more paitence and love. Not sure what is but at least this thought just helps me to feel better. Good luck with your little guy and I hope you find out whats wrong with him. By the way you are a great mom.

Jensen Family said...

im SOOO sorry i know exactly what you are going through. i'm telling you.. don't wait for the dr's! it will take forever and you are suffereing. try the stuff i told yo uabout..its worth it!! and its all natural can't hurt him :)

Brianna said...

He's such a cute baby! I just love those bright eyes. :) I can't tell you how much I wish we lived next door to each other so we could spend more time together... We had a great time visiting with you guys last week. :) Good luck with the fussiness, it's definitely no fun! I always remember one of my mom's friends telling me that her fussy babies were her best toddlers (she said it was because they got all their crying out as babies, so they only had "happy" left inside them). :)

Brooke said...

He is absolutely precious! I just want to pick him up and take him off your hands for a bit. The fussy stage feels like it'll never end--but it will...eventually and then it'll seem like a distant memory. (I'm sure it doesn't feel like that now...but, it'll happen.)

Woodside's said...

I can not believe he is already four months old! He is so cute! You and Justin did good with those adorable boys! I miss you and need to meet Cy! Let me know when you come up. I would love to see you.

Tiffany said...

I feel your pain B...Madden is so much better now, but for the first 3 months, he was pretty fussy. One doctor told me it was colic, but I wasn't ever really sure if that was what it was. He just had horrible stomach/bathroom issues and I think it made him so uncomfortable and fussy. He just slowly got better, especially right around 4 months. But he definitely still has his moments. Sometimes I wonder how I am ever going to handle 2 kids. So you are amazing for getting through each and every day with a toddler AND a fussy newborn. He is a super cute baby though...I just love his huge eyes! Good luck and let me know if you just need to talk sometime. Have you ever heard of or tried Gripe Water?? There's this stuff called Colic Calm Gripe Water that is supposed to help...I got some from my sister to try with Madden, but by the time I got it from her, his fussiness had gotten a lot better so we never really ended up using it.

Kyla said...

Good luck with that cute Cy! Seriously call me if you need to get out or want to drop off your boys!!