Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Cy is 1!

Wow where has the time gone. I really thought after having one baby turn one so fast that when I had a second that the time wouldn't go by even faster. But it has, Cy is already 1, and it seems to have gone by so fast, and actually TOO fast. I miss my baby. I remember I use to complain about how frustrating it was that Cy had to be held to fall asleep from the time he was a newborn up to when he was about 6 months old. And now I miss those days. Now I can't hold him for more then a few seconds it seems before he is all over the place. :) He has grown so much and has done things so fast that I know now why it seems like the last year went by so fast. We all love Cy and all the fun and crazy things he brings to our lives.

Here he is on his birthday. Sayin, "what I am 1 already? " :) And just being his cheesy little self.

We made him a cake and had a little birthday party for him just as a little family. He was in awe of the candle.

And then once we gave him his own cake to dig into... he cried. In true Cy form. :) He didn't like being mess I guess.

Then he got a little taste of the chocolate frosting and thought it wasn't too bad.



He got a little bit messier but still never ate any cake. He isn't a cake eater either I guess. So we can add that to the LONG list of things he doesn't eat.

And again in true Cy form. Screamin at the top of his lungs for no real reason. :)

And he got to test out his present opening skills...


And he got himself a fun little learning truck. (that really Ryken plays with more then Cy, go figure.)


And a fun little crocodile toy that he loves. :)

Testin out the toy before Ryken got ahold of it. He does like it when he gets to play with it. :)
Cy has grown to be such a great little baby when he wants to be that is. He sure is a momma's boy and if you around him and me enough you will learn that pretty fast. I know there are days when it can get to be tough that he only wants me but I know later on I am going to miss those times too. So for now I guess I should try to enjoy it. :)
He is walkin all over that place and has been for about a month and a half maybe 2 months. He is practically runnin places when he wants to get there.
He LOVES his brother. When Ryken is napping and Cy is awake I sometimes find him walkin back to Ryken's room tryin to tap on his door to find him. So when they are both awake you can mostly find them around each other.
He has 6 teeth now and a few breakin thru, which we hope break thru SOON!
He is SO ticklish, I love this about him. I know just what to do to get him to smile, laugh and giggle!
He still loves to take baths. And loves Pooka too.
There are many more things about Cy. But really all that matters is he is that he really is my favorite 1 year old little guy. And one of the cutest ones too. :) I know I am his mom so I have to say that but I think it is true,. :)
We love you Cy guy and can't believe you are already 1!








6 comments:

DeWitts said...

It so crazy he's one. Time does go by way to fast. He's forsure a handsome little guy.

Joanna said...

He is so cute! He looks more and more like Ryken as he gets older! So cute!

ensman said...

Happy Birthday Cy! I agree that was a REALLY fast year!! He is so cute and I am glad you guys had such a fun birthday:) Those boys will be best buddies!

Woodside's said...

Oh my goodness Cara....I can't believe he is 1 either! They do grow up so fast. Before I get turned around Jaran will be 2! Then I will have 2 kids:) Crazy! Cy is so adorable! He looks more like Ryken all the time.

Kyla said...

Happy Birthday Baby Cy! (I'll have to teach Aeryn to call him Cy Guy since he's not a baby anymore!)

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday Cy! I still can't believe how little he is compared to Madden and still was walking all over the place way before Madden! And I can't believe he is 1 already! Time goes by too fast! Glad you guys had a fun birthday party for him! :)