Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's and some more...

Happy New Year to everyone, A little late I know. : ) This year we had some fun with family. Justin had to work which really was a bummer for me since that meant I didn't have anyone to kiss at midnight. But Ryken and I still had fun. We got invited to go out to my brother Jared's house to have some fun with some of my family and some of my sister-in-laws family (which is practically family anyways. ) I am glad I decided to go out there. We had a good time and Ryken was actually pretty well behaved which is a major surprise sometimes.

So we got to enjoy some wings and some great entertainment. Jared's family got a karaoke machine for Christmas so they decided to test it out with us all out there. My nephews and niece sure got into it and even a few others. Jared kept telling me I had to do it before I left. But of course every party has to have a party pooper and it was me this time. I was not about to embarrass myself. : ) But it was fun listening to everyone else show off their talents.

Ryken wanted to join Aunt Lori a few times I think. And she let him give it a try but i guess he was a little shy too. : ) But we all rocked out to a little NSYNC that night. :)

Here was a little bit of the crowd there for the night. I know a great picture right? The back of heads. But I was just surprised that Ryken was actually sitting with someone other than me. Like I said he was good that night. :) This is my little brother Deak and his fiance Emily! Such a cute couple they are. If you could only see their faces. :)

And the more of the post is the fact that Ryken has reached the great age of 18 months! Yes you know what that means for myself and Justin. NURSERY! His first week I went in with him the whole time to help out since one of the teachers was gone. And of course he did totally fine. So I could only hope he would do the same the next week.

Well can't say it went that way. Here he is all dressed up ready to go to church. Doesn't he look like he would be such a little angel for his parents and the teachers. Well not how it was. He lasted for MAYBE 15 mins after Justin dropped him off! Poor Sister Porter tried everything to get him to calm down. Nothing worked. So we are back at square one and are going to keep trying to do this nursery thing cause other wise mommy and daddy may just go crazy not being able to keep this kid still for the whole 3 hours of church. If not crazy then a little inactive. I just hope it can get better at some point. Please tell me it does! After a little nap that day after church daddy decided to be nice enough to go play outside with him and he had so much fun out there.

He usually never lets you put a hat on his head and keep it on. But he has found a new love for this Shrek beanie his grandpa got for him. : ) We tried to bundle him up a little since it was a little cold out. I just love how silly he looks with is bright green beanie and blue camo jacket. :) Oh he is my little love that's for sure!

10 comments:

the cates said...

Dang he sure looks cute in his Sunday clothes! Good luck with the nursery thing, Luke just went to sunbeams and that was a little bit of work! Seems like they just start liking nursery and then they are out!

southolive said...

Congratulations Deak and Emily! The nursery thing does get better i promise! well for Carsyn it did i hope it does for Ryken too.

Gina Lee said...

Oh he will get better. Just give him time. Porter still cried for a couple months after, but would get over it quicker and quicker every week. Thanks for yesterday. It was nice to get out. We'll have to meet in the next 7 days because those pants didnt fit him. =( So I have to take them back.

ensman said...

Ryken looks so handsome all dressed up! I think Church with kids brings out the "inactiveness" in all of us! Jase gets so tired at church because it is during his nap and he WILL NOT sleep in my arms only in HIS bed so he basically is having a MELT DOWN every Sunday! FUN! I am sure Ryken will start to like Nursery!

Jennifer said...

Looks like fun! I didn't know Deak was engaged! I haven't talked to you in a while! We need to get together before I have this baby and don't want to leave the house with 3 kids to lug around :o)
Well, I'm sorry about nursery. I don't know what to tell you. My kids actually did just fine going in. I think I got lucky. If my third one has a hard time I might come to you for help :o). I hope it doesn't take long. It's so nice not having them for the last two hours of church!

Brianna said...

Sounds like a fun New Year's Eve! Lots more exciting than ours was... :)
I totally feel your pain about the nursery thing!
Britt loved nursery for the first few weeks, then he would go nuts every time we walked by it! For a few (very long) months he wouldn't stay, but once he learned how to fight back, he did just fine. :) Ryken might just need some kickboxing lessons... :)

Tiffany said...

I wanna see a belly picture, B!!! Or we need to get together soon so I can see it in person!! :)

fuz&michelle said...

First of all congratulations! How exciting baby #2!! I'm glad you are starting to feel better from that. Second, he looks soooo cute in his church outfit! I love it! We really do need to all get together again soon. I'm pretty free now days! :)

Anonymous said...

How handsome Ryken looks in his little Sunday clothes! Yes, he will get used to nursery, you just have to make sure it becomes routine for him. Wait, Deak's engaged? I missed that part.

Woodside's said...

Someone gave me that Sunday outfit for Jaran. It looks so cute on Ryken. I hope you are felling good and I sure miss ya. Come and see us soon:)