Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Baker Family Campout...

It was that time of year again for our Baker family camp out/reunion. We had a pretty good time even though not everyone was able to make it and we got up there a day after everyone else. I was pretty worried about how the boys would do sleeping. I had good reason to since Ryken doesn't sleep good anywhere other than at home. So of course we had issues with him and sleeping but Cy did good. He woke up the same as he does at home. During the day it was great. Ryken got to run around with his cousins and play in the great weather. And Cy was held by about everyone else except for myself and Justin. So we basically got a little brake from the kids in a way while we were there. : ) Now we are back in the heat of the valley and are wishing we could be back in the cool weather. It was great, we didn't even really get rained on while we were there it was just nice and cool. We even wore sweatshirts. (except for Justin cause he is Mr tough guy.) : ) Here are a few pics from our little weekend camping trip...





Justin modeling our new tent that we invested in since we could barely fit in our other tent last year with 3 of us. Now we have plenty of room. : )Ryken and Daddy by the warm camp fire. Cy and Ryken enjoying their morning milk. : ) Ryken testing out his new camp chair, he loved it cause it was just his size. Cy enjoying the nice fresh air.





Ryken taking his swings at the Pinata. Puzzle time with his cousins, it was so nice to have all the younger kids there for him to play with.It is hard to get Ryken to take naps when we aren't at home. He ended up falling asleep on Grandma he was so tired. : )Again, see I told you we didn't hold Cy much. My mom with Cy and I think they both enjoyed their time together. : ) We had lots of fun in the cool mountain air and I think we are already looking forward to next year and getting to spend that time with family again.


OH and since it is so darn hot down here in Phoenix, Justin thought that Ryken needed more of a "Summer" hair cut. SO he told me he wanted to buzz his hair like his. I went along with it...NEVER AGAIN! It is so short. And with Ryken's light hair it makes it look even shorter. Good thing we already got our family pictures. : )

2 comments:

ensman said...

Like I said before you are one brave mama taking those boys camping! Sleeping is the biggest thing I am worried about. Oh well I guess it would be worth it just to get away from this DEATH heat!! Oh and I LOVE Ryken's hair!! Actually I like it both ways but he looks soo cute with a "BUZZ" :)

Tiffany said...

I LOVE Rykens new haircut! He looks like such a big boy! Looks like you guys had a great time camping! Cy is still adorable as ever! :) miss you guys!!!