Sunday, June 26, 2011

Ryken is 4!!

Where has the time gone? Do we really have a 4 year old?! It really is kinda hard to say in a way. I am sad that both him and his brother are both growing up so much. I LOVE looking back on old pictures to see how much they have grown. And what better time to do that then around their birthdays. :)

6 month old chunky monkey

1 year old, with his first piece of birthday cake. (wasn't a fan and it was hard to get him to make a mess with it. ) : )

2 years old (his brother was born 2 weeks before he turned 2)

3 years old

The BIG 4 year old!!

Daddy brought home some balloons and jamba juice for him just like last year. And of course it was a big hit...with everyone.:)

He wanted an ice cream cake for his birthday...this was the best I got. And he wasn't to happy about the fact that it had pink on it. :) And he even said that the pink didn't taste good like the other colors. lol Such a boy!

He got more presents to open from us and Cy. And all of them were big hits! I think he has enjoyed the marble maze the most so far...but maybe thats cause he hasn't gotten a few of the other ones out of the packages yet. :)

Got a picture of me and him together on his birthday! He said he had a great birthday when the day was all over with. He was so lucky cause Cars 2 came out on his birthday so him and daddy went and watched it! They both said it was good, and they both had a great time together. Ryken really is one smart cookie! I love all the funny things he has to say lately. He still LOVES letters and numbers. And has now started reading...alot more! It really is pretty weird to hear a kid his age read. And don't ask me how he does it cause I really have no idea. :) He is a great big brother, but he has his moments too. He is such a people person, he loves to talk to the cashier at every store we go to. It makes me smile every time. I can't wait to see how much more he learns and grows this next year. And I know that for the next year and years to come I will look at him and he will melt my heart just like the day he was born! LOVE YOU RYKEN ROO!!

5 comments:

Woodside's said...

Super cute boy you have there! He does sound like a smartie and is growing right up!

JoshCork said...

Awesome! What a handsome fella! :) Happy Birthday Ryken!

Brianna said...

Aww! What a sweet post, Clara! I remember when Ryken was that happy, chubby, little spitter-upper. :) He reminded me so much of my Britt. And when you were visiting when he was 2 and he was pointing out numbers and letters like crazy and Britt said, "are we sure he's only 2?" :) It's been so fun to watch your boys grow up through your blog and FaceBook. I don't how we'd survive living away from each other if we didn't have the internet. :)
Also, you're gonna have to change your blog profile...it says Ryken is still 2! haha! :)

ensman said...

Ryken really is such a cutie:) I love how he is so comfortable talking to adults. He is so smart and sweet! How awesome that he is the oldest and gets to be such a good example:) 4 years old is way too old though so I vote this is his last birthday!! love you B!

Tiffany said...

I can't believe you have a 4 year old either! I still remember when he was born! Time goes by way too quickly...I guess its time for you to have another baby soon, B! ;)