Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Rice Cereal.






We got the okay from Ryken's doctor to give him rice cereal now. But we had been putting it off. We had given it to him in his bottle but we decided to give it to him in a spoon on Monday. Needless to say it was quite the show. Justin and I could not help but laugh at him. Ryken did not want anything to do with it. He did not like the taste at all. All I could say is that it sure didn't smell that good either. But daddy decided to taste it himself. He said it wasn't good either. We tried to give him just a few more bites to see if any would actually stay in his mouth. He would open his mouth so I could feed it to him but once it was in his mouth, he just kept it open and made funny faces and then would let it fall out of his mouth. :) We were having such a fun time with it. But the mess afterwards was not much fun. So we are going to maybe try again in a week or so and see how that goes. But of course we couldn't feed it to him for the first time and not have pictures to show. So here are a few. :)





First bite is not so swell.


Big bite for Mama.


Okay ma, I think I'm done.

5 comments:

Gina Lee said...

Super cute! And YES I LOVE TWILIGHT!! Its a must read. If you have the opportunity...sieze it. You will be hooked though I am warning you. I would let you borrow them, but I borrowed my sister in laws so I dont have them. But yes read them and then we can chat it up on Edward!!

Brooke said...

I remember that stage! So fun! I'm glad you posted pictures of him.

Brianna said...

I remember the bath after Britt's first rice cereal...he had it EVERYWHERE! In his armpits, behind his ears, I think a little on his toes even... I'm glad you posted that so I could relive the days of when Britt started solids. :)

Bekah: said...

look at those cheeks, he is so cute!!!!

KARI said...

Hey Cara!! What a little chunk you have:)He is so cute. He has such pretty eyes. That is such an exciting stage.