Monday, February 25, 2008

8 months old!


Okay so I know this may be getting old for some of you to look at my blog and just see another month has gone by and I have to talk about Ryken being another month older. Well guess what its not going to change. I am going to continue this till he reaches the big 1 year old. Then after that I will try to refrain from doing it every month. Hopefully it won't be a habit. :)
On Saturday night I was laying in bed and it was hard for me to fall asleep so I was just thinking to myself. It had been exactly 8 months since I had been in the hospital having him. I was in labor 8 months ago at 11:00 pm. It all seems so weird to me still. I don't know when its finally going to kick in that he is my child and I can return him to NO ONE! Thats okay I love tryin to learn how to be a good mommy. Sometimes I just feel bad for him that he is the one that has to put up with me and the learning that I am tryin to do to become the better mom. (Okay that was confusing, sorry.)


Ryken is still such a happy baby. But he has his times when he isn't. Which has been alot lately. So I am wondering if he is finally going to be getting some teeth. He still always has his fingers in his mouth. And sometimes his toys. He slobbers like no other too. Nope still no teeth for the little guy but that is okay I LOVE his toothless grin. He hasn't started crawling yet but it may be any day now. He gets up on his knees and starts rockin back and forth. And he still doesn't like to be on his belly much. Which makes it hard to let him try to learn to crawl. Also he still doesn't like to roll much either. Sometimes I wonder about my child. :) He has always liked takin baths but now days he loves it even more cause he learned to Splash! Which I am not sure daddy really likes cause he would rather there not be water on the floor. ( You have to know Justin :) ) I love to see him splashing cause it makes him so happy. My little guy is getting so big and sometimes it makes me so sad but I can't wait to see what new things he learns to do in the up coming months.

6 comments:

Kyla said...

You should always keep posting pics and fun facts about Ryken! He is so stinkin cute! I think Aeryn is trying to copy Ryken... no teeth, no tummy, no crawling! We'll just watch how awesome you are and try to be more like you! You are a great mommy!! :)

Gina Lee said...

So cute!! Cara you are a great mom. So stop thinking you arent! Okay woman!!?? haha. It was so fun hanging out yesterday...Porter and Ryken are so cute together. And not to mention how happy I was eating my favorite salad from Rubios!!! MMM.. Talk about a perfect day! lol. And I am SO looking forward to next month! WooHoo!!

Brianna said...

I can't believe it's been 8 months since I got your text message that you were in labor! :) I'm so glad to know that handsome little guy! He's so sweet! He reminds me SO much of Britt too! I can't believe how big our kids are getting! I was just thinking, it was exactly 8 months and 1 week after Britt was born that he got a tooth...so if Ryken gets one next week...CRAZY!

Tiffany said...

Wow, 8 months! That's how long Randy and I have been married! And it seems like just yesterday that you were just as pregnant as ever, there at the temple with us on our wedding day! Ryken is so cute and you are such a great mom! He is lucky to have you! : ) Love you and miss you! We need to get together soon!

Lyman Family said...

He is so dang cute. Keep the updates they are great.

Kendra@My Insanity said...

He makes the best faces! What a cute kid!