Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Jury Duty.


A couple of weeks ago I got one of the worst things in the mail that you could get. Well I think its one of the worst things. I got a summons to Jury Duty. I swear it was like just yesterday that I went. But when I think about it really it was awhile ago. Plus it was when we still lived in Mesa, so that was awhile ago. I was able to get out of serving on the jury last time and I was hoping that I would be able to this time too.


The day that I was to report to jury duty if my number was chosen was on Wednesday, Feb 27th. I was to call the day before to see if my group number was one that needed to be there. And of course my luck it was! I was so upset. This is not what I wanted to do on a day that Justin would be watching Ryken all day for me. I imagined that day as a day of relaxing and doing something for myself. But nope instead I had to go to the Phoenix Municipal Court and do jury duty! So this morning I woke up to the alarm clock. Which by the way I have not had to wake up to an alarm clock for like the past 6 months. So it was kinda weird that I had to now. I got ready and just had Justin take me there so that I didn't get lost. I am not about to drive in down town Phoenix on one way streets where I have no idea where I am suppose to be going. So he was willing to drop me off and pick me up. Once I got there i had to go thru the metal detector and of course it went off. I had to take off my flippin belt. and it still went off. Of course it was the tons of bobby pins that I had put in my hair that morning. (Didn't feel like doing my hair. :) I had to be there at 7:30 okay. ) Got to fill out some paper work and then sit there...... and sit there.... and sit there. FOREVER! Finally at like 10:00 the first panel was called in . And thank goodness I wasn't called. Then we had lunch around 12 after that we came back and did some more sitting around. Then at like 2:30 the second panel was called. And wouldn't you know I was #16 called in for a jury of 24. But to make a long story really short. I DIDN'T GET CHOSEN! It is one of the pluses of having a husband that is a police officer. :) Believe me there aren't many pluses. I finally got to leave the court at 4:30! But of course had to wait till 5 to actually get picked up.


And what a surprise I had when I got home. I wasn't expecting anything at all of course. But my hubby being such a sweetie got me a little something. And it made me so happy.

He got me the second book of the "Twilight" Series. I was so excited. He had wanted to get it before he came to pick me up for lunch so I had something to read during jury duty. But he wasn't able to get out of the house soon enough to get it. But either way it was a huge surprise. He also had a thank you card and some flowers too. The card was so sweet thanking me for everything that I do. (Which really isn't much). I LOVE MY HUBBY SO MUCH! He is so sweet sometimes.

I really missed both Ryken and Justin today that is for sure. But I am glad that Justin got to spend some time with Ryken and see how it is for me on a daily basis. :)


I just had to add this cute little picture of Ryken screaming and banging on the chest. He loves to scream lately. And if you haven't ever heard him scream you are missing out let me tell you. It is a very high pitched scream. Any who just thought that the blog would be a lot better with a picture of him in it too. :)

11 comments:

Brooke said...

I haven't ever had the fun opportunity to go to jury duty. And...that's great with me! :) It's crazy you have twice already. What a long day! Sorry--at least you weren't chosen. That would stink.

Brianna said...

Oh, man...at least you got some presents and some sympathy out of it. :) When I first saw the card I thought, "Wow...a 'sorry you had to go to jury duty' card...that Hallmark...they have one for EVERYTHING!" It's so cute that he did that for you though. I always like coming home after Justin has been alone with Britt for a while... it's good for him to see how crazy it can be taking care of just one kid. Although, I have to pick up the house for 2 hours after Jus has had Britt...you know how those boys are. :)

Gina Lee said...

Ewww Jury Duty! Yuck!! Atleast you for the 2nd book out of it, and some floweres. Kudos to Justin!

Kyla said...

Total bummer! I got called to jury duty when I was like 6 or 7 months preggo... It was aweful... I was called to a jury too, but got released!! At least we don't have to go back for 18 months!!! (If there could be an up side...)
Good for Justin for getting you a pick me up! What a sweet guy

Becky said...

Hate jury duty--the only time I did I got picked and spent over a week listening to a malpractice suit. Ugh.

Love your thank-you card, flower, book from Justin. So sweet! (If you need to borrow the third book I've got it!).

Hannah + 4 said...

My moms cousin wrote those books! I haven't read them yet but everyone says they are so good. I hate jury duty! What a sweet husband! thats so nice!

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

RYKEN is soo cute Cara! And Justin is so sweet!!

fuz&michelle said...

Ugh, that stinks even though you didnt have to stay it took all day! and props to Buck, how thoughtful!

Justin & Carli said...

Your blog is too cute. I loved reading all the fun stories about your little boy. He is adorable. I got summoned to Jury Duty a few months ago but my little girl won't take a bottle so that leaves me out on that for a while. I just know they are going to get me when she is older though. Good thing you didn't get picked!

Bekah: said...

that stinks! but im glad your hubby made it a better night! that was so sweet!

CASSIE said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT YOUR LITTLE BOY IS THAT OLD ALREADY..IT JUST SEEMS LIKE YESTERDAY THAT YOU HAD HIM...SO CUTE!!