Thursday, April 24, 2008

10 months old!


I can't believe it but it is true, Ryken is 10 months old. Only 2 more months till the big ONE YEAR OLD mark. Well he has now learned how to somewhat crawl... I guess. But its not really much of a crawl or even the army crawl. It's more of the worm. But it gets him where he wants to go. I know this sounds kinda weird but I just wish he would really learn how to crawl. Because of the way he gets around he bangs his belly on the floor. Which in turn gets him to spit up. And then he proceeds to drag himself thru it. And it is not fun for mommy or daddy. I don't know if he will ever get past this spitting up that he does. I was hoping it would be gone by now but with my luck it is still happening. Oh well his smiles and laughter make up for it. :) He is our little cheese ball that's for sure. It seems like whenever he sees a camera he has to smile for it. Which I guess isn't a bad thing. But I wish I could just capture a picture right in the moment. But as soon as he hears the camera turn on he has to look to find it. So we get some pretty cute pics. He now has 2 teeth. He got one of his bottom ones first. I figured that the second one would be his other bottom one but nope, he got the top one right above the bottom one. I am thinking the other top one will be coming thru soon. All I can say is that he keeps me on my toes now that he is more mobile. Which maybe that is a good thing. I need to stay busy sometimes. :)

Here is a little video of Ryken crawling... well the way he crawls I guess. :) And hey at least there wasn't any spit up this time.

See what I mean by being so cheesy when the camera is on him. :) Oh well he makes me smile.
This is the cutest little chair he got for Christmas from his grandma and grandpa Buchberger. It has his name on the chair but he is covering it up. Oh well he makes it cute still.

Here he is on our way to Utah. We got bored and I decided to stick some of his puffs on him.


Playing in the sand for the first time at his friend Porter's one year birthday party. I was surprised that he actually liked it. He hated the grass.


And here he is trying out Porter's swing too. I was hoping we could get one of these but Justin doesn't think we can hang one on our patio. :(

11 comments:

Baker Fam said...

They grow way to fast. I love to watch his crawl. Tell Justin I also liked those legs!

Gina Lee said...

Hahaha, I was thinkin the same thing about Justin's legs!! Hopefully there were some shorts on above the camera...or is that why you aimed low? lol jk.

He is SOOOO stinkin cute. I love that kid. I love the one of him in the chair...he looks so big boy! It seems like just yesterday that we were at Chili's and you told us you were prego and i literally jumped out of my seat from excitement! I am so glad we have our little guys so close together. Hopefully I get to see you soon. Tonight maybe?!

Brianna said...

I can't believe how big he is! What a cute way to crawl! He looks just like an inch worm! He's so adorable Cara! It makes me want another...seriously! and I totally know what you mean about the spit up! I had to learn that one the hard way...when I gave Britt blueberries for breakfast and a while later I found blue spots all over the carpet! I seriously can't believe Ryken is going to be a year old in 2 months! Before you know it he'll be 2 and a half and trying to say 'bandana!' :)

Tiffany said...

He really does crawl like he is doing "the worm!" lol, it is so cute! I love it! I can't believe he is almost 1! Time flies by so fast...

KARI said...

He is so dang cute!!His eyes are so big and blue. It seems like just yesterday we were driving to Tiffanys bridal shower and you were pregnant. The next baby grows up even faster:0)

Sassy said...

Your little guy is a real cuuuuuutie!!!!

It looks like you had a really good trip going to Utah, and how fun to visit all the church sites. I haven't been there in a long while...I NEED A ROAD TRIP!

Jensen Family said...

he is seriously the cutest! he is so happy!! be glad he didn't eat handfuls of sand :/ bry does everytime

Hannah + 4 said...

He's so cute! I want to pinch his cheeks!! I love his crawl! He needs to teach that to Avree!

DeWitts said...

He is so cute! They grow up way to fast!

Robert and Tiffany Cagley said...

Cara I can't believe it has been almost a year. I have the most adorable pictures of you like 9 months prego at my shower and you were so cute! It seems like yesterday... Well he is sure a cuttie! I hope to get to see you and him when i'm in town in a few weeks. I think Bri might try to come to town and Jennifer wants to meet up with us. it could be amazingly fun!

Sarah Pace said...

Hey Cara! Your little guy is getting so big and Handsome! When was he born? I think he and my hailey are the same age!