Thursday, June 26, 2008

1 YEAR OLD!!


Holy cow I can not believe it has been a year already. Time sure does fly by. When Ryken was first born I remember everyone always saying enjoy them while they are little cause it goes by way to fast. I can totally agree with that now. Ryken truly is the reason I smile every day. He brings so much joy to me. ( And sometimes frustration too. :) ) I really can't get enough of him. And like I have said before when I see him smile and giggle at me I can't help but join him in doing the same. He really has grown up so much. I use to think to myself will he ever fit in to these little clothes, will he ever learn how to do this... And now he wears clothes that would fit some 18 month olds. And he has learned so many new and fun things thru this past year. But mostly in the past few months. And learns some new things every day.


I do know that he has taught me so much. And I think one of the best things is he has taught me to have a little more patience. And believe me I need it some days with him. :) There are some days when I get so upset with myself because I think that I am not a good mother. And when that happens it seems like he knows it. And just loves me even more that day. I truly LOVE being his mommy!

Here are a few things bout our little guy...

He weighs in at 23 pounds 4 ounces
He is 29 1/2 inches long
He loves his doggy Pooka (she isn't to fond of him yet. :) )
He hasn't really learned to walk yet but I am sure its coming soon. He has taken lots of steps.
He loves to eat, haven't really found something he doesn't like to eat.
He loves being chased by his daddy.
He has quite the screaming voice.
He still hates wearing shoes.
He enjoys getting his 4 teeth brushed.
He loves his daddy and his mommy so much. :)



A few firsts for him the past few days...

He had his first real kiddy meal. Kinda.. he didn't eat all of the cheese crisp but he liked the churro. Bad I know. :)
He drank his first bottle of real milk tonight.
He had his first birthday party. :)
Oh and he had his first kiss from a girl other then his mom and grandmas. :) (Thanks Brylee Jensen! :) )
His first dunk on the basketball hoop.



Our little man is getting to be such a big boy and we love it but there is a part of me that misses the times when he could just curl up and fall asleep on mommy chest. And when he wasn't mobile and would just lay there instead of follow me all over the house. But I wouldn't change any of this past year. It has been so fun and exciting and I am sure life will just get better and more interesting thru the years. :) Thanks Ryken for being the cutest, funnest, and most lovable 1 year old boy ever! Mommy and Daddy love you!






8 comments:

CASSIE said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE HE IS A YEAR EITHER! TIME DOES FLY! I REMEMBER CHECKING YOUR MYSPACE ACCOUNT TO SEE IF YOU HAD HAD HIM YET..CRAZY!

Tiffany said...

Wow, time does fly! Happy 1st Birthday, Ryken! :)

Kyla said...

What a sweet boy! Happy Birthday Ryken!!!

Joshua Cork said...

Wow! Happy Birthday to the little man!

Matt and Kaaryn said...

Happy Birthday Ryken! I remember when I first saw you at the baby shower. All cute and pregnant. How time flies. I heard Tiff came to town. That is the only time I miss the Valley, when I don't get to see all you lovely ladies. Take Care

Sassy said...

He is quite the little doll! So handsome! Happy Birthday!

DeWitts said...

He is such a handsome little boy! You're such a good mom, and time does fly to fast. Happy Birthday Ryken!

Hannah + 4 said...

He is so cute! I love his big blue eyes! I can't believe how fast they grow... Avree had a churro at sams club the other day and loved it! I couldn't get it away from her!