Monday, June 22, 2009

The past week and a half...

has been a little roller coaster. Well some days it was a little one and other days it was a big one, but mostly little. Thank goodness. : )

The boys have gotten to sleep a little, one sleeps a little more and a little better sometimes then the other. But they have both been sleeping pretty good. Cy's favorite spot to sleep is in the boppy pillow. Hopefully the bassinet will become a favorite soon too. : )


Ryken even started sleeping in his big boy bed. With the help of daddy's encouragement. He has done really good. Lets just hope he keeps it up when its mommy that has to put him down for nap and bed time.

There has also been alot of awake time too...

OH and lots of noise at our house lately too. I think Cy is already taking after his brother and maybe a little screamer too.

And on those days when it feels like the day has been a big roller coaster ride, Ryken has spent plenty of time in his time out corner...Not that it really does a whole lot of good these days. Cause he is for sure starting his terrible two's. Right on time I guess. But he has also been such a great helper. He loves his little baby Cy and always has to tell him Hi. Usually screaming it at him. And loves to give him hugs and kisses when its nap time and bed time. So lets hope that continues.


He even wanted to help out with his feeding too. : )But we are just glad that he is loving his new little brother so much. The nice part about this past week and a half is the fact that Justin has been at home to help out. Not sure what Ryken will do now that Justin is back at work. I am really not sure what any of us are going to do. Lets just hope I survive. : ) We also had some more extra help from one of the best baby helpers ever...
Grandma Baker! We were so glad she was able to come down and stay with us for a few days and nights. Not sure who is going to miss her more me or Ryken. : ) Thanks mom for coming down and helping out, even though I know you really came to see Ryken and Cy. But whatever it takes. : ) LOVE YOU! And I love my 3 boys too, Justin, Ryken and Cy.

12 comments:

Tiffany said...

SUCH cute pictures B! I love that one of Cy wide awake, with his eyes wide open! He is adorable! And I must say, I love the pic of Ryken in his time out corner...Randy just informed me the other day that he too is going to be making Madden stick his nose in the corner for his time outs :)
I hope you are surviving with Justin back at work and your mom gone! I'm sure you are, you are a great mommy! I wish I was there to help you...not that I'd be much help with a newborn of my own...but if you ever need to talk (or vent) to someone else who isn't getting any sleep at night, you know you can call me! :) Love you!

Woodside's said...

Sooo cute Cara! Cy is adorable! That is so cute that Ryken wants to help out with his baby brother! I am glad things are going well. I bet it was a joy to have your mom around to help!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I love the one with him and Ryken and both of them have their mouths open. Too cute!

You and Justin definitely make cute babies!

Jensen Family said...

oh my gosh cy is adorable! i already forget how little they are at first ;) i know what you mean with the screaming and the time outs. brylee is in time out atleast 5 times a day. nash hates her screaming voice and cries almost everytime he hears it. so sad! but just like ryken she loves her lil bro.. and a little too much ;) ha! lets get together soon ok! if you need anything let me know!

ensman said...

B you have the cutest boys!! I know you are going to do so good and be the best mom ever! I love the picture of both boys with their mouths open! Jase is a screamer too!! Maybe we can all get together and scream to our hearts content! Let me know when a good time is that I can come see you guys!

DeWitts said...

I'm glad to hear your doing alright. I'm going to need all the advice on raising two boys in a couple of months. Your boys are both adorable!

Gina Lee said...

Super cute! Love the pictures, but it really makes a difference when you see both boys together. Cy is so tiny!!

Brooke said...

How adorable! I love the wide-eyed picture of Cy. He looks like Ryken to me in that picture. What handsome boys you have.

Brianna said...

You lucky lady! You're surrounded by such handsome boys. :) I CAN'T WAIT to meet little Cy! I still need to give you the present I have for him, and Britt wants to give Ryken a "big brother" present too. I love all the pictures too! It's so crazy how Ryken instantly looks so much more grown up with Cy next to him. :)

Curtis Family said...

Your boys are so darn cute! I am so happy for you!

Devin and Melinda said...

I am glad Ryken is so good with his brother. It is fun to see the bond develop between sibblings. You have an adorable family!

O'Leary O'Family said...

Sooo Sweet! Can't wait to meet Cy!