Thursday, July 24, 2008

Baker Family Reunion.



This past weekend we were able to get out of this horrible heat that has been in Phoenix the past month. We were having a Baker family reunion up in the White Mountains. It started on Friday but with Justin's schedule we weren't able to go up till Saturday morning when he got home. He just started his new schedule that week too so it worked out pretty good that he didn't even have to take anytime off for the trip up. And Ryken and I didn't have to go alone again. :) So once we FINALLY got on the road it was all going pretty good. But then of course Ryken didn't want to sleep even though he had no nap that morning. So he was a big fuss monkey pretty much the whole way up. And of course once we were past Payson I asked Justin if he remembered to get our air mattress. And guess what... he forgot it, well I will say we forgot it. So we decided we were going to go in to Showlow before we headed to Vernon. So after our un-planned trip to Showlow we finally made it to Vernon and to the campsite which was at a little place called Los Burros. (That seriously was like the longest trip to Vernon ever for me! I was so glad to get out of the car as was Ryken and I am sure Justin too. ) We had lots of fun while we were up there with my family. We had lots of fabulous food, wonderful cool weather but best of all was the great company of family. I am not much of a camper as you could probably tell since we had to have an air mattress in order to even camp. :) But the camping is always so much fun when you have family there to have fun with. We got to play some awesome games of Spades. And Justin and I are a great team and beat my parents quite a few times. :) But I think the best was just getting to see Ryken playing and having fun with his cousins.

And he did have lots of fun and I think being outside was the best for him. Since here at home we don't get out much since its so hot outside. Atleast he doesn't get to crawl around outside much like he did out there. And it just made me smile at him as he crawled around in the grass and the rocks exploring as much as he could.
So the days out camping were lots of fun. But we can't really say the same thing for the nights. Ryken is one of those people who loves to sleep in his bed and his bed only. Which I guess isn't a bad thing. But it is when it comes to us going anywhere over night. So we had troubles with getting him to sleep thru the night. Which meant that mom and dad didn't get much sleep either. The weather was nice but there was some sprinkles of rain here and there. And of course the day we are packing up to leave it starts to pour rain on us as we are packing up. So we made it out just in time. So we ended up making it thru Ryken's first camping trip all in one piece or should I say 3 pieces. :)
So we headed up there on Saturday and were able to come back on Tuesday afternoon. So we even got to go to spend a night in Woodruff with my parents. Which is always nice for us but of course probably the best for me. :) And I even got to meet up with my good friend Bri and her little guy Britt on Tuesday for lunch. And I am so mad that I didn't get a picture of Britt and Ryken together. :( So all in all we had a GREAT weekend. It was so nice to get out of the heat but now we are home and trying not to melt. :)

9 comments:

DeWitts said...

Sounds like a fun family reunion! Ryken is so adorable. I feel bad he didn't sleep good for you. Thanks for the info on that dinosaur thing were going to make a trip. Coops so excited!

Anonymous said...

I am so SAD that we missed spades! Stupid graduations! Having a real job sucks sometimes!

Matt and Kaaryn said...

I love your little family pictures:) I must say I do miss the white mountains especially because I am not really sure where to go and cool down here in Texas. Miss ya Kaaryn

Tiffany said...

Looks like fun! Glad you had a great time with your family! :) Ryken looks adorable as ever! He is getting so big!

Woodside's said...

I am so sad that I missed you when you came. Work is keeping Justin and I very busy. Anyways, your reunion seemed like it was a lot of fun and there is nothing better than being with family!

Gina Lee said...

How fun. Ryken is so cute. I am so happy that Justin is on a better schedule now, and can go to all this fun stuff. Its about time right?! haha We need to hang out sometime soon.

Hannah + 4 said...

Cute pictures.. The reunion was so fun! It was so nice to get away and to cooler weather, especially since our a/c went out the day we left for it!

Hannah + 4 said...

Haha I just noticed Avree was in the picture with all the little cousins, It's cute. Her little chubby gut is showing!

stephasauri said...

I'm sad we missed the reunion! It looks like so much fun!