Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Fun 4th of July weekend


Ryken and I had such a fun weekend for the 4th of July. We were able to head up to Woodruff to get out of the hot, hot heat and stay with my parents for the weekend. And all of my brothers were there with their families too. Justin wasn't able to go because he was working so it was all fun except we missed having him there to celebrate with us. I was wondering why it was that we didn't go up last year for the celebration and then I remembered...Ryken was only a few weeks old last year so we just stayed at home. But this year I was excited for him to be able to see the fireworks and have some fun with his cousins, aunts and uncles and his grandparents. And see some fireworks. I was kinda worried about him with fireworks being so loud and all but there was nothing to even worry about. He LOVED seeing them and even hearing them. It didn't bother him one bit which makes me think maybe he is out growing the being scared of loud noises. :)



On Friday we were able to head in to Holbrook and watch the fireworks there. I had never seen the show there and I thought it was really good. And it made it even better that the weather there was so nice compaired to the weather here in Phoenix. Ryken just was drawn to watching all the pretty colors of the fireworks. He did keep going back and forth from me and my mom. I think he was trying to stay awake to watch all of them.

We all had a great time just watching the fireworks and joking around with eachother. And eventually Ryken just couldn't take all of the excitement and just had to pass out and finally fell asleep with Grandmas help...And he stayed asleep which surprised me since it was pretty loud. But what he did see he seemed to like.

On Saturday night we were able to head in to Heber and watch the awesome firework show they put on there. I have been to Heber a couple of times to see them and they really are the best ones that I have seen. We had some great seats thanks to my sister-in-law Lori's extended family. And it was just lots of fun to spend time with family and catch up before all the fireworks.

Here is a fun picture of my mom with some of her grandkids. I wish I could have gotten all of the ones that were there in the pic but they were off having fun with all the other kiddos there.The weather was even a little chilly that night so we got to put Ryken's sweatshirt to good use again. This night he wasn't able to stay awake for the show. If you look close you can see how red his eyes are. He was so darn sleepy. He slept thru the whole show. But I can say it was great!

Sunday we were just able to relax and hang out after church. Ryken got to spend some fun time with my parents and with his cousin Cordd that is 7 months older then him.

My dad took Ryken out on his 1st 3-wheeler ride. And needless to say he cried at the end. I am not really sure if it was because he wanted off or didn't want off. Either way I think my dad enjoyed taking him on the ride. :)He got to hang out with some of the greatest grandparents ever... HIS! He loves them so much and it makes me so happy that he has gotten closer to them in the past few months.He loved crawling around all over the trampoline. And tried to follow Cordd around as he ran around the trampoline. He also liked to just get bounced around when he was sitting in the middle. It was great to see him have so much fun. I can say that I did wish he could walk so that he could maybe have even more fun with Cordd.

After all the fun we had up there with my parents my mom and dad even invited Ryken and I to come up and stay with them for a few more days. But Justin said he would miss us too much to leave already since we just got back on Monday. So we passed on their offer but will more then likely take them up on it later this summer. :)

Thanks mom and dad for always showing us a great time at your place!

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun! Don't you love watching the kids watch fireworks?! I'm glad he liked them. I'm glad you had a good time. I actually miss going up to Woodruff. It's very relaxing there. Anyway, happy 4th of July!

Tiffany said...

I love that picture of Ryken on the very bottom, sitting on the trampoline. He looks like such a big boy! :) Glad you guys had a fun 4th of July weekend! :)

Hannah + 4 said...

Fun! We were supposed to go to Vernon for the 4th but passed since we are going to the Baker Reunion, It would have been fun to meet up with you guys though. Glad you guys had a great time! Ryken is so cute!

Candace said...

I absolutely love his little 4th of July outfit! I am glad he liked the fireworks that gives me hope for Chase next year. It is just not the same without them. It looked like you guys had a blast. Seriously when are we getting together is your number the same?

Jensen Family said...

he looks like a big boy all grown up in these pics! i wish we would have sat closer to the fire works so bry could see and hear them better like you guys did!

Woodside's said...

Cara, Ryken is getting so big! He is so cute! It sounds like you had a great time with your family and I hope that I can see you soon. Let me know when you come again.

Sassy said...

How wonderful getting to spend time with your family and I too love the fireworks in Heber...always a good show...love love love your mom and dad!!!! Where did your dad's hair go...please tell them hi for me...♥ya

stephasauri said...

Ryken is getting so grown up! He just keeps getting cuter!

So that shirt your dad is wearing is probably the brightest shirt I have ever seen.

the cates said...

We went to the holbrook fireworks too! I was skeptical but they were so good! I was shocked! Looks like you had a good 4th of July though, your little guy is such a cutie!