Thursday, July 31, 2008

Swimmin' fun!


Since Justin now has Saturdays off we figured we would be able to get out and do somethings. But instead we still found ourselves at home hangin out. And since we were just hangin out I asked him if he would clean out and fill up Ryken's little kiddie pool. So him being the great daddy and hubby he is did. So we headed outside in the backyard to spend some time in the pool. :) Well lets just say it was mostly just Ryken and Justin in the pool. I really wanted to go out and lay out and get a little sun. So just was the watchful eye on Ryken so I could do my own thing. So I layed out with a good book and the boys played in the water. :) Ryken had so much fun playing with daddy and I think it was a good thing for them to spend sometime together. Who am I kidding, I was just happy to get a few minutes to myself to read and relax. :) I am a little sad that I didn't get much sun well not enough to get any color. But I must say that I didn't get much reading done either. Cause I just loved getting to peek over my book and see how much fun my boys were having. And to hear Ryken laugh the way he does with Justin just brought a smile to my face. Some days I just can't get enough of my them. Ryken sure liked the pool alot more this time around. He crawled around in the water and even tried to climb up the little slide. Justin helped him up the slide and he got pulled back down and boy did he like it.

Here he is getting ready to "slide" down. His grin is kinda scary but still cute. :)And here he is after... clapping for himself since he made it down with a little help from daddy.

Also if you look closely you can see how much his diaper expanded in the water. Guess I should have used one of his little swimmers. :) Justin went to throw it away but he just tossed it aside till he had cleaned up the pool stuff. And when he tossed it it hit the rocks and pretty much expolded. OOPS! Next time I will try to remember to use the little swimmers. :) We had lots of fun and hopefully we will get out to our little pool a few more times since its so HOT outside.

5 comments:

stephasauri said...

How fun! How cute to have your boys having some good summer fun together! Ryken sure is a cutie!

Becky said...

The pics of Ryken are adorable as always! It looks like you had a fun camping trip with family, too.

Thanks for commenting on my blog, Cara!

ensman said...

I am glad you guys had some fun in the water!! It is so freak'n HOT!! I can't wait for September, hopefully it will get cooler. Okay so lets start the PROCESS of finding a day to get together with the B's! Let me know what days are good for you and I will try to head it up this time:)

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

HEY CARA!! I would love to cut both your's and Ryken's hair but we are going to the lake on Saturday. I don't know how long you will be at Lori's house but if you are there when we get back! COME ON OVER!! haha!! You'll have to text me your number, I lost my phone awhile back and all the contracts I had too and I will call you when we get back into town!

Tiffany said...

That little kiddie pool and slide is so cute! How fun! It is insanely hot out! I always wish we had a pool! :(