Monday, August 4, 2008

Another fun filled weekend...


We had another great weekend. It was my niece Chloe's birthday and so we headed out to Queen Creek on Saturday morning to spend time out there with my family. They had the party at my brother Jared and sister-in-law Lori's house. They have a pool and we also brought over a blow up waterslide. So we had lots of fun water stuff to play with and in. The kids all had lots of fun like always. And of course so did the adults. :) Ryken got to try out the big swimming pool with Daddy and his cousin's Tatum and Chloe, and he really liked it. Far more then he did last year when we put him in at just a few months old. :) Now I wish we would have gotten signed up for a mommy and me swim class this summer. Next one for sure. :) And he tried out the waterslide once with daddy too. But I don't think he like that as much. So he just sat in the little pool with Grandpa and his cousin Cordd for awhile.
It was lots of fun getting to hangout with family for a few hours. Justin had to leave early to go to work some off duty and so Ryken and I stayed and my parents brought us home later. A few of my brothers and their wives and 2 of my nephews went to watch the new Batman movie. I wanted to go see it but since Justin wasn't there to go we just stayed and helped my parents out with the younger kiddos. But I am glad we stayed cause Lori's sister Jessica came over and myself, my mom and Ryken were able to get our hair cut. ( Thanks again Jessica!) I was a little nervous bout getting Ryken's hair cut again after the last time but this time around we just stuck a sucker in his mouth and he was SO GOOD! I must say Jess was really good with him but I am kinda thinking it may have been the help of the sucker also. He loved it. And both Justin and I love his new hair cut.

Here he is the next day showing off his new hair cut. He looks like such a little boy to me now. Now I am going to really have to talk daddy into letting us go to get his pictures taken again. Also since my parents were in town we got to all get together again, and went to dinner. OH and also since we had a babysitter well actually 2 of them on hand, Justin and I decided to go and see The Dark Knight since everyone else saw it the night before. We both thought it was a great movie. So all in all it was a great fun filled weekend for us again. I love when we are able to get together with family. And we will have another family fun weekend again this week. :)

7 comments:

ensman said...

oh my gosh I love his hair!! He DOES look like a little boy. What a fun weekend!

Brianna said...

What a cutie! He looks so manly with shorter hair. I remember thinking the same thing when Britt got his first haircut (right before his second birthday, he was so bald compared to Ryken, haha!) It is always amazing how fast they turn into little boys though. I guess that's why we keep having more. :)
Hey do you remember swimming when we would stay with your Grandpa and Grandma Baker? and that dog would always bark if we splashed? Good times... :)

Woodside's said...

Cute haircut! It makes his eyes so much more blue. He is deffinately a cuttie pie!

Nic and Jessica Despain Family said...

It does look really cute!! It did age him though! haha and anytime!! he was really good!!

Tiffany said...

His haircut is so cute, Cara! He looks so grown up! :)
We need to get all the B's together soon! :)

Hannah + 4 said...

How fun! Ryken looks so cute with his new hair cut!

Kelli and Craig said...

Hey Cara- It is great to hear from you! I thought I saw Justin but wasn't sure. I don't think I ever knew his real name. Yeah I was getting her birth certificate. Anyways, Ryken is adorable!! I'll be checking out your blog also!