Thursday, August 21, 2008

I got a good laugh...

The other day I was just wanting a few minutes to myself. Which really is kinda hard sometimes cause I have this little boy that is like my shadow all the time. Once I leave a room, guess who else has to leave. Yep Ryken can't stand for me to leave a room even if I wasn't even playing with him, if he sees me leave he has to follow. But for once he kinda just decided to go exploring around the house alone. Which of course was fine by me cause there really isn't much he can get into. Or so I thought. :) I was on the computer of course just looking at blogs of course. And I hear a bunch of noise in the kitchen. So I decide to go in and check it out. Well this is what I found...


I guess he decided he wanted to help me out by removing some of the things from the recycle bin. Little did he know that I really didn't need his help and that things were okay in there. But he had a little fun and there was no real mess after so I was okay with it. Plus he LOVES to look at magazines and as you can see found one to look at. :) After I decided it was okay for him to just play in there for a little while I went back to my blog hopping. Well I guess I was really into what I as doing and didn't even really see him go past me and into our bedroom. So after a few minuets I hear a little bit of fussing coming from our bedroom. And it sound like he was far away. I knew he couldn't get under our bed cause there is already to much stuff under there. :) So I decided to go and see where he was. And I looked in the closet and didn't see him in there. So i went over by our bed and that is where I found this...


So of course I had to run and grab the camera to take a picture. (I know I am so mean) He decided he wanted to see if he could fit into Pooka's kennel that she sleeps in. Of course he couldn't since he is much bigger than Pooka plus the kennel is really small. So he got himself stuck in there. And after a little nudging and pulling I was able to get him out. And this is his reaction afterwards.

Oh my goodness I sure got a good laugh at that. Which was nice cause I really needed it that day. Ryken really is the one that can make me either laugh or smile but he can also get me to scream and cry too. But either way I wouldn't change anything. Oh and he has his moments where I just have to ask myself what is with my kid. His new thing is that he just for some reason likes to just lay down on the floor and well just lay there. I really don't know why but he does it and he is cute doing it. :)

Thanks for the good laugh my little Ryken roo!

11 comments:

Kelli and Craig said...

Cara that picture of him stuck in the kennel is so funny! What a cutie!

Tiffany said...

Ha ha, I love that story :) Funny pictures :) I am glad we finally all got together last night! We need to hang out more often so that Ryken doesn't have to get to know us all over again everytime we get together! :)

Brooke said...

So funny! It's kind of crazy (and sometimes scary) what they can get into so quickly. The kennel picture was so funny. I think I would have ran for the camera first too. :)

DeWitts said...

What a funny kid!

Mickey and Kelly said...

Cara Just wait until he finds the doggy door, then it ia all over.

Anonymous said...

This is too funny. I love the creativity of children. Then we all become adults and become boring. Love the post, love Ryken, and love you!!

ensman said...

You a funny mean mom!!! I love it!! That was a perfect photo op:) It was good to see you the other day even though I was so late and left early:) These kids really do make you want to squeeze them one second, you can't get enough of them and then cry your eyes out the next second, because they are driving you nuts!! I guess that's what being a mom is all about!

Hannah + 4 said...

Hahaha, Thats so funny! I would have gone and got my camera also. He is so dang cute!

Bekah: said...

he is so silly. what a cute story. and i know just what you mean about needing/wanting time to yourself!!!

Lyman Family said...

What a cute kid. He is getting so big. I love this age and again I remeber not loving it sometimes.

Anonymous said...

How adorable! It reminded me of the time when Josh was in his little walker and I could not find him anywhere!! It was so weird, I looked all over the house. There he was under the kitchen table. It was his "fort". Ryken is a doll. I thought of him this morning as I was discussing the origin of our names with my class. Many of the Navajo students have "combined" names, ones that you cannot just look up in a baby name book. One of them was "Nikyle", a combination of Nikolaus and Kyle. Love your blog, thanks for visiting ours!! Love ya!