Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Will it ever happen?

Okay so I know eventually it will happen but when? When will Ryken ever learn how to walk? I know he was late on learning how to crawl but for some reason I thought he would be able to pick up on walking. But of course not. He takes lots of steps. But it just seems like he can't really put it all together. Also he seems to start out doing stuff the harder way. I say that because he didn't really learn to crawl first, instead he learned to "worm" around. And guess what he decided to do tonight... walk on his knees! Yep he is such a silly boy. He was up on his knees and then he just started moving around and going forward like that. We laughed at him and he thought it was funny so he kept doing it. :) What is with this kid?! My parents and a few others keep telling me that it will happen one of these days. I just have to wonder will it be before he turns 2? :) Something else that is pretty funny is the fact that he had never really walked with the help of one of those "helper toys". He has this hippo that my parents got him for Christmas that you can walk with and also that you can ride on. And he also hated riding on it for some reason too. And at my in-laws house they have a little toy that is kinda similar that you can ride on or walk with and yep he didn't like that one either. I still don't know why he is that way. But the other day Justin got out the hippo and started helping Ryken walk with it. And guess what... he did it for a little while!

And he also loved getting pushed around on the hippo. He still hasn't really figured out how to use his feet to push himself. So he will just let daddy do all the work and enjoy the fun! :)He liked cruising around the house that way but it of course only lasted so long since Justin couldn't do it forever.

Today Ryken and I met up with our friends, Porter and Gina Lee. We got to go to lunch with them and hangout at the mall. So in the mall there is a little play area for the little kids to play in so we decided to go check it out. So we strolled over there to let our little guys play.

Well of course Since Ryken couldn't walk and run around with Porter he just hung out and watched all the others have fun. Doesn't he look so thrilled? :) I am sure he is wishing he could figure out how to do what all the others were doing. So he decided to find his own fun thing to play with...

Here is what he found. And he did have a little fun here until a few more little ones came to play and then he was done with it. Does this mean he isn't going to play well with other kids? I hope not. Since he doesn't walk and really doesn't like to climb on many things I decided to just put him in one of the little space ship things.He seems to think it was pretty darn fun. :) We did have fun with Porter and Gina we always do. I just hope Ryken was taking some mental notes and tips from all the other little kids today and will be up and walking in no time. :) DOUBT IT!!

11 comments:

Gina Lee said...

Oh he plays well with others. But I think he was a little beside himself because there were ALOT of others! haha. I have a really cute picture of Ryken that I will post later! You can steal it off my blog. And YES he will walk. Sooner than you might think. Thanks for hanging out yesterday, I needed it.

ensman said...

Ryken is so cute, he is probably just going to stand up and walk across the room one of these days!!! I love his hair! Are you going to dinner on Wed? and are you bringing Ryken? I will be there and I am going to bring Jase because Brian will be working......we'll see how that turns out!:)

ensman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sassy said...

He will!!!! And then you'll wish he was not in to EVERYTHING AND PROBABLY CLIMBING as well...

He is a little doll...

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry. I know how it is just wanting to finally have them walk. I know it gets annoying hearing it but I promise....it WILL happen :o) And once it does, it's SOOOO nice!
His hair cut looks really good!!

Tiffany said...

Ryken looks like such a big boy in that bottom picture! That is such a cute picture! I am sure he will be walking in no time... :) Excited to see you both at dinner next week! :)

Hannah + 4 said...

Ryken is a cutie! He will walk when he is ready, I used to think Avree would never crawl and I'd get so worried and then when she started to I wished she hadn't yet! Just wait and one day he will suprise you!!

Jensen Family said...

he is soooo cute! i know i always say that, but seriously he is!

Bekah: said...

so... here is my advice. he'll walk, don't worry. looking back on bryn i wish i wouldn't have been so anxious for the next stage. they grow up so fast, too fast. hang on to every stage as long as you can. because someday you'll look back and miss his crawling stage! :)

DeWitts said...

He is so dang cute! Just hang in there. Cooper was scared of the hippo thing too.

Mickey and Kelly said...

Cara believe me you do not want him to start walking, because then he can get into all kinds of doo-doo. Mickey