Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Last minute trip...

On Friday me and the boys made a last minute trip to Vegas with my parents to visit my brother Mickey and his family. And when I mean last minute, I really mean it. I called my mom and asked where they were and she said she was just leaving Holbrook. So I asked her if they would wait for us in Flagstaff till we got there. And them being the nice parents they are they said yes. So I packed up some stuff for us and got us ready and headed out the door. After we met them in Flagstaff we were on our way. I was hoping Ryken would take a nap once we got in with my parents. But he was being the stubborn 2 year old he is. Well once he got relaxed and coloring he just couldn't fight being tired and he pretty much passed out while coloring...



When we got there that night we were able to make it to a late night dinner buffet. And Ryken was able to fill up on pizza, pasta and cheese. : ) Oh and he even got a little ice cream cone too.



When Cy was awake and being good for a change, he was being held and watched after either by my mom, my sister in law Kelly, or my nieces Kylie and Kassi. The girls loved getting to help take care of him and hold him everyday we were there. And it was nice for me to have them do that. : )

Being in a house where 3 little girls live there weren't a whole lot of things that weren't the color pink. Which means if there was a Cowboy hat there it would have to be pink, Well it was a cowboy hat to Ryken but a cowgirl hat to Kyndl. But whatever it was I had to get a shot of Ryken wearing it. (I am totally bummed that I never even got a picture of Kyndl while we were there. : ( )



Once we made our trip back home it all started well. Both boys were asleep not far from the house. But that only lasted for so long. But we made due with everything. And Cy was pretty content in his car seat for the trip.



And we had to find a few things to keep Ryken happy. So I found some fruit by the foot and that worked for awhile, maybe not as long as I would have liked but hey it worked.

So I am happy to say that we made it back and I didn't go to crazy while we were there. Even though Ryken went basically 3 days with no nap and no good bedtime routine. He was a major turd and I felt bad for everyone. And then I also was happy I didn't go to crazy when I had to listen to both Cy and Ryken scream in the car for the last 45 mins of the trip home. We made it home and we were so glad we had the chance to go with Grandma and Grandpa Baker. And we really enjoyed getting to see Mickey, Kelly and the girls too. So thanks everyone for the great last minute trip to Vegas!

2 comments:

southolive said...

How Fun! Cy looks just like his Daddy! And Both of your boys are so cute!

Gina Lee said...

How fun!! Same thing happened to us, but the oppsite. Anastyn started out screaming for the first 45 minutes of the trip, because we woke her up at 5am (4am az time) to get in the car. But then the rest of the trip she did ok. Glad you got to see everyone, and have fun! I take it Justin didnt go? Did he work this weekend?