Thursday, January 24, 2008

7 months old!



WOW, time really does go by fast. And these past 7 months have gone by extremely fast. Its still hard to believe sometimes that we have a baby. But then I am reminded every time he fusses and cries. But especially when he laughs and smiles at me. I am so thankful for our little boy and all the joy he brings to Justin and I. Ryken is such a fun baby. He has the best smile and I can't get over his chubby cheeks and his roles on his arms. And his BIG BLUE eyes just make me melt. He is such a big boy and I am reminded of this every time I go out in public and people ask me how old he is and when I respond almost 7 months old. They are quick to say Wow he is such a big boy. And one lady even told me he was FAT. I was kinda hurt by that but I know he is just a cute chubby boy. And I love it. He started holding his bottle a little bit better recently which has made things a little easier. But he now wants to roll over while drinking his bottle and since he does that he starts screaming when nothing is coming out. SO I have to roll him back over and put the bottle back in his mouth. I hope that day comes soon when he can learn to just keep rolling over instead of getting stuck on his belly and fussing. He has become very attached to his mom and dad too. Which I am not enjoying much. He even fusses when my mom and dad try to hold him. Which makes for a great time when I ask if they are willing to watch him for us while we go to watch a movie. But of course them being the great grandparents they are do it even if he is screaming bloody murder. ( Thanks mom and dad) I know that this will pass and when it does it will make those times a whole lot better. I am just going to try to enjoy these next few months before he actually starts to get mobile and get in to things. I will just keep telling myself that. :) I love my little chunky monkey with all my heart and can't wait to see what is in store for all of us in the future. : )

Here he is trying to fit his square block in to his mouth. I just love his little sausage fingers.

5 comments:

Brianna said...

I miss Britt's chunky arms and legs so much! I guess I'll just have to see you more often so I can enjoy Ryken's rolls! He is such a cute baby Cara! His eyes are just breathtaking!

Brooke said...

He's perfect looking! Don't let that lady make you feel bad--she probably just wished she had as cute of a baby as you do! :) He looks so big standing up and everything.

Tiffany said...

He does have cute little sausage fingers! He is so cute, Cara!! He is growing so fast! : )

Kyla said...

I really think he is the CUTEST little man ever! He is growing up too fast! Hey, are you liking your new calling?! :)

fuz&michelle said...

He is so cute! He looks so much more grown up in the last picture you posted! I love chubby babies they are by far the cutest! :) We need to get together soon so I can see him in person!!!