Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Teeth...Where are his?

Okay so don't get me wrong I love this little guys toothless grin but for the past few weeks he has been extremely fussy. And especially at night. He just cries and cries. And then even fusses during the night. I feel so bad for him cause there is no way of really knowing what makes him feel better. I have given him Motrin a few nights before bed which sometimes helps and then during the day I have tried the teething tablets. I have some baby orajel which I haven't really tried yet but it may be happening sooner then later. I just wish I knew for sure that he was going to get his teeth soon. Then I would know that this is the real reason that he has been so fussy lately. Everyone that I have talked to says that more then likely that is what is happening. So time will tell. :) OH and he has this pretty bad rash on his face from all the slobbering that he has been doing. With his triple chin it gets all soggy and now there is a rash. :) Poor guy. For the most part he is still his happy little self and smiles for most people. But when he is tired on top of all of this he is not the happy camper that I love so much. So maybe I will have some news of a tooth here pretty soon. :)

p.s. It looks like I am pinching him in this picture but I promise I am not. He is just really ticklish on his neck so that is what I was doing. : )

3 comments:

Brianna said...

I don't think he would be laughing like that if you were pinching him, silly!
I've totally been there, with the whole 'teething' thing. I was so glad when Britt got his last baby tooth! Britt got really rosy cheeks and super slobbery for a few weeks before his teeth came in. Hope you don't mind, but I have a few ideas (just things that helped Britt);
I used a combination of Oragel, Tylenol, and Teething tabs (not at the same time!) but he also loved if I put applesauce in the fridge, and I made frozen juice pops and gave them to him in his 'Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder.' Those things were lifesavers! Anyway, good luck! And you'll have to keep me posted if he gets some chompers!

Cara said...

Thanks Bri. I hadn't thought of the munchkin feeder thing. I haven't gotten one of those maybe i should try one. Oh and he does like when his fruits that he eats are cold. And the other day his cheeks were really rosy so does that happen when they are teething? I didn't know that could be a sign. So thanks for the ideas. I will have to put some of them to use.

Jensen Family said...

he is so smiley!! i love it! nate said he saw you guys walking the other day by amc on stapley?