Monday, January 28, 2008

Dentists...I don't like them!




Okay so I have been putting it off and putting it off for the last few months. Going to the dentist. I do not like the dentist and I never have. I have such bad teeth and so I am always hesitant to even go for the 6 month check ups. Well today I had a check up and cleaning. They finally hunted me down and called me to make an appt. And Justin said I HAD TO GO! I have been complaining for the past few days that I didn't want to go. Cause I knew that they were going to find something wrong and have to fix it. Last time I went I was pregnant so they weren't able to take any x-rays. Well not so lucky this time around. They took the x-rays and of course they found some cavities. My dad once said that dentists love us cause once they see us open our mouths they see a gold mine since we have such horrible teeth. :) And there wasn't just one cavity there were 4! And thank goodness one of them they had done before so I wasn't charged for it. But can't say the same thing for the other 3. So of course I was just hoping to go in for a cleaning and then leave but that never happens for me. So after all of it was said and done I had 4 shots in my mouth and 4 fillings put in. I never want to go back. And of course after every cleaning I always tell myself that I need to be better about eating less candy and drinking less soda. But it never happens. And I need to put a reminder up on my mirror to FLOSS EVERYDAY! And if I do this then maybe I will have a better time next time. DOUBT THAT!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

I totally agree! When I had braces I went to the dentist so often that I didn't mind it, but now I hate it! I had to get a bunch of fillings redone a few weeks ago, and they still hurt! I even got this special toothpaste that's supposed to make teeth less sensitive, it's not working so much! :( Maybe we should be "flossing buddies" and call each other everyday to remind each other to floss... :)

Brooke said...

I totally understand. But, once--when I was a kid--I had 10 cavities at once!!!...so, I'm thinking there shouldn't EVER be anymore to fill. I finally got dental insurance and am going to go to the dentist in March (when the insurance kicks in). But, I'm not so excited for it. But--I will say that we are a flossing family. Ever since we got married, Elliott's started flossing too cuz he sees me do it. It's been a habit for me for so long that I have to floss to really feel like my teeth are clean. Ellee even flosses! :) She sees us and wants some too. She mostly just sucks on it and runs it along her gums and lips (since she only has a few teeth still), but I'm hoping she'll get in the habit young! :) Once you do it for a little while--I'm sure it'll become a habit for you too. Good luck! :)

Tiffany said...

Oh, I am so sorry Cara! Thats the worst! I hate doing to the dentist too!! : (

stephasauri said...

I am with you all the way. I hate going to the dentist. Mike and I just went a few months ago. It was the first time since we've been married, even though we've had dental insurance for a while. It wasn't as bad as I feared. I think I had one cavity and Mike had two. I win!