Saturday, May 24, 2008

11 months old!



Okay so one more month....till the big one year old mark. I can't believe it has almost been a year since I had Ryken. He is getting to be such a active little guy. We had to take him to the doctor the other day cause I was worried he had an ear infection. But thank goodness the doctor said that he didn't have one. Just a little fluid in his ear that should go away. So when we were there he got weighed. He is now 22 pounds and 11 oz. But it could be a little off since he had his clothes on and I think a soggy diaper. :)



Here are a few things about Ryken this month.....




*He LOVES to eat. And it surprises me how much he can eat, but then again he is our child and we love to eat too. :)


*And he now has 4 teeth. And he knows how to use them when he gets to eat his vanilla wafers and other snacks. And of course if you let him he would try to eat or bite your finger.


*He is getting so good at standing up by himself. And has even taken a few steps from Me to Justin. ( Still trying to get it on video.) He wishes he could walk on his own but just gets to excited when he tries and falls forward.


*And he loves to use mommy as a ladder. Always pulling himself up on me.


*He loves to walk back and forth between the couch and the ottaman.

*He has now learned how to actually crawl. Instead of worming his way around he can now crawl. But he still slips into his old ways of doing things too. :)


*When you wave at him and tell him by he seems to get confused and claps instead of waves back at you. But hey its still using his hands right? :)


*He loves giving kisses.




*When he crawls around sometimes he likes to have a toy block or toy ring in each of his hands.



*And if you couldn't tell he loves cheesing it up for the camera. :)


*And he still LOVES to read books!


Ryken brings so much joy and laughter to our house now. I know that there isn't a day that I don't smile now. Cause he makes me smile every day.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow! I can't believe he is almost a year old! Crazy how time flies...I remember how pregnant you were with him at our wedding just last summer... :)

Joshua Cork said...

Wow, This is great stuff Cara! You do a great job with the content! You should put some google ads on here so you can make a little money from your site. Leann or I can show you how to do that... also we can show you how to track the number of views you are getting. It's pretty cool stuff.

You guys want to trade baby sitting some time? I figured since we just live down the road from each other it would work out pretty well.

Baker Fam said...

I can not believe he is about to hit the year mark. It feels like yesterday that you were in the hospital getting ready to deliver. I was telling Tucker that he weighed the same at 4 mos. that Ryken weighs at 11 mos. They are always the cutest when they are chuncky.

Jensen Family said...

hahah he is soooo cute!! i can't believe he is already almost one!

Joanna said...

Hi Cara! I saw you on Jennifers page and thought I'd say hi. Your little guy is so cute. I just love his smile. Check out our blog if you want it's www.shanejoannaandgirls.blogspot.com C ya later.