Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Being a mommy


So I know it is a really late post but I wanted to just say that I am so HAPPY to be a mommy! This time last year I just couldn't wait to be able to see my little guy. And now I get to see his happy, smiley, adorable, chubby cheeked face every day. I couldn't ask for more. He truly is a gift to me. I know that there are times when it all seems way to hard to handle for myself. But then Ryken just looks at me and gives me one of his cheesy smiles and melts my heart all over again. :) I am so happy to be his mom! And being a mom is really all I have ever wanted to be. If I was asked when I was younger what I wanted to be the top answer for sure was to be a mom. I never really knew how hard it could be at times and that it truly is a 24/7 job when you are a stay at home mom. So I am so thankful for my mom and all the things she has done for me and continues to do for me. I couldn't have asked for a better mom and I am sure we all feel that way about our moms. But she is in my eyes the best example of what a mother should be. I could only hope to be half the woman she is and half the mom that she is too.

Thanks again mom for being YOU, and the best mom ever! And the best Grandma too! We love you!

8 comments:

Hannah + 4 said...

Happy (late) Mothers Day! It's so fun this year bc are babies were actually here and not in our belly's! :)

Tiffany said...

Happy Mother's Day, Cara! Ryken is so lucky to have you for his mommy! :) I am so glad we all got to get together last week before Jodee has her baby! It was so nice to see you and everyone else and just visit and catch up! :) We really need to do it more often! Love ya! :)

Sassy said...

I love, love, love your mom! SHE IS THE BEST! Give her my love, please. Happy belated mom's day to you as well.

Sassy said...

I love, love, love your mom! SHE IS THE BEST! Give her my love, please. Happy belated mom's day to you as well.

Jennifer said...

Hey Cara, that would be totally awesome! How much do you want for it? We just need something to hold us until we can get a new one and that will be a while :o(. Thanks a ton. Also, you guys can definitely come over! Any time you want, just let us know. Anthon is always looking for someone to play the wii with.

Woodside's said...

I hope you are coming to visit soon. I think it would be fun to go out to dinner with Justin and Brianna. I hope you had a great mother's day! Ryken is cute and he is getting to be such a big boy. Time has gone so fast.

Gina Lee said...

I am so behind on my blog stalking. I need to get better. I know I miss MFY so much!! Oh the good old days when we would get our nails done, go grocery shopping and then go to Mesa frozen yogurt at like 10 o'clock at night. Haha. The days before children! And yeah Miles is in Deaks ward. He said he saw our "friends with the cute little baby" and when we said Buchbergers...he said yes. He said he didnt know why you were there, but when I asked him who was speaking he said some chick then Deak Baker..and I was like BINGO...thats why! What a small world! Also, I saw Casey at the scrapbook store when I went to get the stuff for Kamarie's shower invitations. She said hi to me, because she knows me through Holly too. It was a breif conversation. But anyways, have a nice day. The end!

Brianna said...

You are such a cute mommy! I can't believe we have kids! You're so right, the little smilse and slobbery kisses make it all worthwhile. :) Your mom is awesome too, that must be where you get your mom skills. :)