Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Weekend!

With Justin's schedule we aren't really able to make it up north to Woodruff to visit my parents as much or as often as I would want to. But he does have Mondays off so we are able to sometimes make it up there and even stay a few extra days. So we headed up there on Sunday morning and stayed till Wednesday morning. We had lots of fun with my family that was there and missed the family that wasn't there. The weather was kinda crappy. It is always windy there but this year it was cold and windy. So that made for a runny nose for Ryken and a little bit of a cough too. We got to watch my brothers play in a softball tournament which was fun but they last all night long. So we had to leave earlier then the tourney was over since our little guy was really tired and fussy. All of my family ended up leaving on Monday so since Justin and I were able to stay a few days it was really nice. On Tuesday it was a really nice day. No wind and it was actually really nice and sunny. My dad had some work to be done around his house with his irrigation and so he asked Justin if he could help him. And so my dad put Justin to work. He tried to get me to help to but darn I had already taken a shower. :) But i kinda helped. I filled up their cups with some ice water. :)

My dad and Justin were able to get that job done that day. And so we were able to head on to Snowflake and meet up with my mom and get a late lunch. But before we headed out I had found my parents wagon behind their barn. So i got it out and decided to see how Ryken would like a wagon ride. He liked it, and even fussed a little when we stopped. He doesn't look all that happy in the pics but I think its cause the sun was in his eyes. :) And i even tried to fit my fat butt in the wagon with him. Which was a job in its self. And we put Justin to work again and he pulled us around and took us for a little wagon ride.

When we got back from Snowflake my mom called my aunt to see if she could trim up Ryken's hair. He was really in need of a trim. And of course Justin just wanted to shave it off like his but I am not ready for something like that. Maybe later on. So she was nice enough to say that she could cut his hair. So we headed over to their house. I was a little nervous of how he would do. It being his first hair cut and also cause it was close to his bed time and even by the time it was over with way past his bed time. And I had reason to be nervous I guess. Cause it was a pretty traumatic experience for us.

He was doing really good at first. I had Justin reading a book to him trying to distract him from what was going on. But that didn't last for very long....

This is the face that my mom was able to capture with the camera. And it really doesn't even do the whole experience justice. But lets just say that I hope next time he gets his hair cut that its not anywhere near his bed time and he does a little better. :)

Here he is after all the excitement. Being his goofy little self. His hair cut turned out really good especially since he was moving all over the place during it. Thanks again Aunt Rhonda for cutting his hair last minute. And sorry he was screaming so much. :)



Thanks Mom and Dad for having all of us up there this weekend. Its always fun to see you guys around your grand kids and know how much you truly love all of them. And Ryken just can't seem to get enough of you guys either. I love how much he just loves you both!

6 comments:

Families are Forever said...

Ryker is so cute! I love these pictures of him! Another year 7 months and Ryker and Jack will be running around in nursery together.

Gina Lee said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Ryken is so stinken cute, all smiles. A happy chubby baby is the best isnt it?!

I am so excited for tomorrow! I cant wait to see you guys and hang out...WITHOUT the kiddos. I dont think we have done this since before we had them. Anyways, Kameron said his BI contacted Justin...very exciting. We're one step closer now, and soon enough I'll join the officer's wife club. I'm so glad we have great friends we can use as a reference! See you tomorrow.

Brianna said...

Cute pictures! I was so bummed that we didn't get to hang out! Next time for sure! It looks like you guys had fun, even if the weather was not so grand... You should have come last week, it snowed! :)
I love the pictures of Ryken getting his hair cut! I was reading where you said he started getting fussy as I was looking at the first picture and I was like, "well, he doesn't look fussy at all, he looks like his smilin' self."...but then I scrolled down.. LOL! :) even crying he looks adorable!

Hannah + 4 said...

How fun! I didn't know you guys were up there this last week, We should have got together to Ryken and Av could play we were in vernon. Ryken is so cute! And his hair looks great! I can't wait till Avree has enough hair to cut! Glad you guys had a good time.

Hannah + 4 said...

Happy Birthday! We got the pool at Wal Mart, Avree loves it!

Matt, Katie, Jayden, Jolie & Harlie said...

Hey Cara, feel free to add us. I love the name Ryken for a little boy. Too cute.