Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Nap time....


Ryken has been pretty good at taking naps. But that seems to be something of the past. The past week he hasn't wanted to take a second nap. He use to take one nap in the morning and then a second one in the afternoon. And needless to say I think I may have enjoyed that second nap more than he did. And now that he decided he doesn't want to take that nap I have those days where I think I might loose it! I aslo thought that okay if he doesn't take the second nap then maybe he will sleep longer and not wake up as early in the morning. Giving me a little more time to sleep. But am I really that lucky? Of course not. He still seems to want to wake up way to early for both myself and him sometimes too. I know he is tired in the afternoon. He acts it by yawning and rubbing his eyes. But as soon as I try to take him to his room to lay down he just screams and cries. I know I should just let him cry it out. ANd there have been nights where I have let him do that. But during the day its not the best cause I have a husband that is sleeping away in the room right next to Ryken's. So having a husband that works nights and sleeps during the day when Ryken and I are here. And a little man that doesn't want to really take afternoon naps... Lets just say I hope I can survive! :)
WHAT IS A MOM AND WIFE SUPPOSE TO DO?!? :)

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh man, I did not like that stage in my kids' lives. When they stopped taking their morning naps, if they were being good and not crying, I would just let them play until they fell asleep on the floor. Eventually, I just moved up their afternoon nap a little bit. Maybe you could try that. :o)

Brianna said...

Isn't there a picture in your baby book where you are doing that exact pose...only you're in undies? Well, like mother like son, huh? :)

Hannah + 4 said...

Well Billy doesn't work nights but he does get up early for work and sometimes when Avree wakes up in the middle of the night crying I feel so bad just leaving her bc I don't want to wake Billy but I do, And she eventually falls back to sleep, Avree is down to 2 naps a day and it's killing me! Sometimes if I can tell she is tired I just lay her down and she goes right to sleep I don't know what I would do if my husband worked nights and slept during the day... Will he fall asleep in your arms? and then you can just lay him down once he is already asleep

Sassy said...

Cara, I went private, if you want, please email me at pkfamdmly@aol.com to be invited in.

Ash Trump said...

That is a cute picture of him even though he is being a stinker about naps now! It was so nice to see you guys and I will be better about commenting... at least now i won't feel like I am just stocking you guys ;o) hehe

Woodside's said...

Ryken looks so cute in this picture! Come visit soon!