Thursday, May 8, 2008

1st Baseball game


On Tuesday we had the chance to go see the Diamondbacks play. And it was Ryken's first baseball game. We also invited my brothers that live here in Arizona to join us with their families. And Justin's sister Jessica was in town from Cali with her little guy Tristan so they came too and it was his first game also. It was also a game that they were honoring the fallen officers that have passed away this past year here in Arizona. So alot of Justin's squad mates were there too.




We were a little worried about how Ryken and Tristan were going to do. And they both surpised us. I know that Ryken really doesn't like alot of noise and chaos. But for some reason I really didn't think about it and going to the game. Well needless to say as soon as we got there and everyone started cheering and screaming it set Ryken off too. And thats when I started dreading the fact that we decided to take our 10 month old to a game where everyone around us was going to be screaming and yelling during the whole game. Cause duh thats what people to at baseball games. So thru out the game I had to try to find ways to distract him so that he wouldn't freak out as much when all the cheering happened. So needless to say there were a few Ryken meltdowns thru out the game but it was not bad at all. He even got to a point where he was pretty happy and seemed to be trying to dance when all the music was playing in the stadium. So we may just have to try out another game this season to see how he does later too. Cause if any of you know my family it would be a big shame if Ryken didn't like baseball like all the other boys in my family do. :) We had lots of fun and Thanks again everyone that came it was fun I just wish we had more of a chance to chat. Even if thats not really what baseball games are for. :)



Here we all our in our D-backs gear supporting the Diamondbacks. And yeah they won that night!


And here is Ryken and Tristan in their matching gear. Grandma Buchberger was nice enough to get these for them to wear to their first baseball game. And they both look so adorable in it. And my other nephew Cordd had the same outfit on and I am so upset we didn't get a picture with him too. Darnit! But of course he looked just as cute.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh how fun! I'm glad Ryken didn't do TOO bad. It's always hard to sit through an entire baseball game with kids but it's way fun to see them dancing to the music! I'm glad you got to see some of your family.

Tiffany said...

How fun! I love Diamondbacks games! Ryken looks so cute! :) Still on for dinner tomorrow??

Gina Lee said...

I am totally behind on my blog stalking. With babysitting and then Porter being so sick for the past week...I am so out of my routine! Looks like you had so much fun! We should totally take the boys to the ball game! (it would be fun for us too =) I feel like I havent seen you in SO long! (even though its only been what..a week, two at the most..haha) I am going through withdrawls. haha.

Robert and Tiffany Cagley said...

Cara, Hey I will be in town on Wed. I will give you a call. You should come over and play while your hubby is at work. Or maybe I should come over and play. I will give you a call

Robert and Tiffany Cagley said...

Cara, Hey I will be in town on Wed. I will give you a call. You should come over and play while your hubby is at work. Or maybe I should come over and play. I will give you a call

Matt and Kaaryn said...

What a cute boy! Ryken takes great pictures. I especially like the diamondback shirt. We bought Salem a Dodgers shirt (her dads team) Still big but fun for her wear. Hope you are doing well. Take Care