Thursday, September 18, 2008

Guess who is...

Walking!

Yep Ryken has finally started to walk more on his own. Here is a little video I shot the other day. Oh and sorry bout the scary laugh that came from me. :) (OH and sorry bout our messy bedroom. We had just gotten back from our trip so we still had luggage and clothes all over. )

I guess you could say he has been walking for a few weeks. But this is the first time I was able to get it on video. And plus he is just getting to be good at it. He still has his moments where he would rather crawl than walk. And believe me he has lots of those moments. He also would much rather hold on to someones finger and walk that way.And he is so funny when he walks cause he for the most part always has his arms up and is trying to balance so that he can make it from one place to the other. :) I am just happy to know that he can walk now. I really do think he enjoys just being able to go way faster by crawling. But I am sure he will get the hang of the walking thing and just get better and better. :) Our next step is just trying to get him to wear shoes. He hates them! So hopefully we can get that done here sooner than later. :)

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay for Ryken! And for you! It only gets easier from here.

DeWitts said...

Way to go Ryken!

ensman said...

Oh my gosh I am so excited!!! Good Job Ryken!

Unknown said...

He is so cute! How fun!

Robert and Tiffany Cagley said...

Yay! That is so exciting. I know you have been waiting. Just wait till he starts crawling up on the couch and your bed. lol Its so exciting

Tara Tenney said...

Cara its so good to hear from you! You still are one sexy lady! Your family is beautiful. Hopefully I will get to see you at Kriston's wedding! Talk to you later.

Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo, Ryken! What a big boy! So much easier, huh?

Brianna said...

I feel like such a nerd! I could have sworn I commented on this last week... Oh well, here goes another one!
Congratulations on becoming parents of a toddler! (Even though, technically, he's been one for a while...) He looks so cute when he walks! Britt used to hold his arms out just like that, it was especially funny when he wanted to carry something and walk. :) Good luck on the shoe thing... we had to get Britt some of those flexible leather ones (they have them at Target) since Britt also hated shoes. Man! Our boys are practically clones! :)

Sassy said...

He's really on the go now...he is just darling!!!

Hannah + 4 said...

YAY Ryken! Now come teach Avree!! :)