Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Splash Pad Fun!!

On Saturday we got to hang out with some awesome, fun, fantastic friends of ours, The Lee's! We always have a good time with them. It makes it even better that we all have someone to converse with. I have Gina, Justin has Kameron and then of course Ryken has his buddy Porter. So when Gina called and asked if we wanted to meet up with them and go to the Splash pad in Tempe we were so up for it. Once we got there I am not so sure Ryken was really up for it. But he joined in on the fun but of course didn't have as much fun as Porter did. :) But hey he did play a little. I think my son has my personality, and for some reason is hard for him to be fun and outgoing around lots of people. He just has to warm up to it. :) But we did get some fun pictures of our outing.

Here Ryken was practically dragging Justin along to play in the water. Since Justin's knee is hurt Ryken really was dragging him along. :) We tried to get the boys to ride on the whale together. But that didn't go over so well. Porter was like "are you kidding me I could do this by myself." And Ryken was like "um mom, I don't want to do this!"Okay fine if you are going to make me then I guess I will give it a try. (note he had a mouth full of food while he was trying to hold on. :) ) Justin and I took Ryken over to play in this little waterfall and there is where we ran into this little girl...



She decided she didn't want Ryken over by the waterfall. So she decided to push him. This is after she did push him. And then she...decided to be nice and wanted to give him a hug. So I guess she was a sweet girl after all. :) Ryken finally got a little use to playing in the water and had maybe a fraction of fun in one of the little fountains.

I don't know what it is with him but I swear he is a fun child around others. Well sometimes. :)

Do you think this means he isn't going to make many friends growing up? I sure hope not. We even made it over to play in the little play area in Chandler Mall again. And I am happy to say he actually made his way around the play area instead of just sitting there checking out all the other kids. But I must admit. I probably looked like a crazy mom cause I was in there having a little fun of my own chasing him around a little. :)

5 comments:

Bekah: said...

no, not crazy! a great mom living in the moment!

Anonymous said...

You AND Ryken are adorable!

Woodside's said...

It looks like you all had so much fun in the sun!

Gina Lee said...

This was so fun! Too bad it closes in a couple weeks. Definately next year they will have all the more fun! We need to get together again. What are you guys doing friday night?? There is a ward party out here, if you are interested. It starts at 5. Anyways, we need to talk about Halloween too...what are you plans? Should we do what we did last year? I am totally up for it if you guys are! The boys could be missionaries! haha

Zonnie said...

Hey Cara! Where is that splash pad in Tempe? That looks like something that my 3 year old Sascha would LOVE!