Friday, September 26, 2008

15 months...

Ryken- roo is 15 months old! Crazy to think that he is already that old. He is getting to be so much fun, well he has always been fun but he is more active now.


We took him in for his check up and silly me was thinking that he wasn't going to have to get shots. Well they surprised both him and I and said yep he will be getting 3 shots! Yikes thank goodness Justin was able to meet us there and help with the holding down of Ryken for the nurse to give the shots. ( I am such a baby and can't do the hard stuff like that) But we made it thru and he was all better after I found him an Elmo sticker to play with. :) He hasn't gotten chubbier which kinda makes me sad cause it really means that he isn't much of a baby anymore. He has only gained 3 ounces since his year check up. So he is a whopping 24 pounds 3 ounces. :) And is 32 inches long so he has gotten a little taller. He is still trying to get better with his talking. But really doesn't say much. He will say a few things that I understand but others may not. :)


Here are a few...

*Dog
*book
*ball
*ma ma
*da da
*and if you tell him to say turtle he will repeat it. :)
* He also has this old McDonald book that he loves and he will now repeat e-i e-i-o.
*He also moos like a cow sometimes. :)


He still likes to read books but his new thing is to look at magazines. And he loves to look at my silly gossip magazines. (Which is horrible for both of us to look at I know. I just can't help myself)


And he loves to play under the kitchen table and under the chairs too. Even if he gets stuck under the chairs sometimes.


He likes to give kisses and is even pretty good at blowing kisses too. :) (here he is kissing his bear, sorry it wouldn't turn the right way. )


His new obsession is with red grapes. He LOVES them. As soon as the fridge is open he goes straight for the bowl with the grapes in them. I guess its a good thing he like some kind of fruit right? He is trying really hard to climb up on the couches. But hasn't really gotten up all the way on his own.


And he loves to follow me in to our room and he likes to play on our scale. Ryken is growing up so fast. I enjoy every new thing he does and all the old ones too. I really truly can't get enough of him thru out the day. :)

I swear I do put pants on this kid when we go out. But sometimes its just easier to stay at home in just his diaper and shirt. :)


Oh and guess who we are off to see in a few days?...


That's right, Mickey Mouse. We are headed off to Disneyland to hopefully get to see Mickey Mouse and all his other friends and have a little fun too! This trip is probably mostly for me since Ryken really doesn't know whats going on so much yet. But hey I will have fun. :)

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't you love when they start learning to talk?! I can't believe how big he is getting!

Gina Lee said...

How cute is he. Porter also LOVES grapes. He tries to open the bottom drawer everytime I open the fridge because he too knows where they are kept. I am totally jealous you get to go to Disneyland! I want to go so bad and take Porter. I do want to go before next summer though. Maybe we can make another trip in the next 6 months?! =) Hope you guys have fun!!

P.s. Yes I did get the phone like Justin's..except I got the red one.

ensman said...

Ryken is so cute with his diaper and shirt on! You guys are taking so many fun trips! I was just saying today how fun it would be to go to Disneyland around Halloween.

When you get back let's plan a day that we can all get together!

DeWitts said...

Lucky you get to see Mickey! Ryken is a cutie and i know i always say that but he is so cute!

Hannah + 4 said...

He's so cute! They grow so fast! Him and Avree weigh the same!!!! She is such a chunk! Have fun in Disneyland! I'm so jealous! We are going to name her Nixyn!

Kelli and Craig said...

He is so cute!!! I love all those pictures!

Sassy said...

He is growing up so fast....such a cute little man...