Friday, October 3, 2008

California Trip...

WARNING! LONG POST AHEAD AND LOTS OF PICTURES...


We are back from another trip to California. And we had another fun and enjoyable time with family. I guess that's the way to go on vacation trips now. :) This time around we went with some of my family. And I really wish that all of my brothers could have been there for the trip too. But we missed Mickey and Kelly and their girls and Deak too.
We finally left on Saturday around 3. And arrived in Cali at our hotel a little after 9. We of course had to stop a few times for the little ones, and to stuff our faces with some dinner. And it was a pretty good trip until like about an hour and a half from our hotel. That is when Ryken decided he couldn't make up his mind up. He was so tired but was fighting sleep so instead he just screamed and cried for about an hour. (Sorry Dad) But he did sleep good that night which was great for us.

On Sunday we were just going to have a relaxing day at the beach. We had lots of fun even though it was kinda chilly that day. Some of the guys were brave enough to get in the cold water. I decided to try and get Ryken in the water. And we had a little fun but weren't crazy enough to get in the water all the way.

Ryken and I just played a little in the waves that came up on shore. I didn't think that he would really like the water that much but he LOVED it.



And he kept making his way back to the water. He also just enjoyed being outside and taking little walks with Justin on the beach...


My dad had lots of fun playing in the water with the older boys and also with the younger boys.

We also had to take a little stroll as a family. We had a good time at the beach and then we all went to eat afterwards. But Ryken couldn't make it to the restaurant.


All the fun at the beach wore him out and he took a little nap on the way to lunch.

On Monday we spent the day in California Adventure. That place is pretty fun and there are some fun rides there. We were all able to finally talk my parents in to going on Hollywood Tower of Terror. And they both liked it just like all the rest of us. I decided to forgo the Rapids ride this year and I am glad I did. Everyone got soaked on the ride. Just like I did last year. One of the first things we did that day at the park was go and watch the Playhouse Disney show. Ryken loves to watch Playhouse Disney and so do his cousins. So I was looking forward to seeing this with him. And he was so good thru the whole thing. He just kept watching all the characters and dancing every time the theme songs for the shows would play.


His favorite is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. And they also had Handy Manny as well as, My Friends Tigger and Pooh.

After the show we made our way out to the park. Ryken was able to ride a few rides there and we had a little fun with him on some of the "kiddie" rides.

Grandma got to take him on his first official carousel ride. And she said he wasn't to sure about the ride. But at least he wasn't crying so I think it was okay. :)

On Tuesday we made our way to "The Happiest Place On Earth" Disneyland! We of course had a fun time there too. While we were at the parks it was record breaking heat in that part of California. So we didn't get much of a break from the hot weather. But it did make it better that we were able to go on The Pirates Of The Carribean ride a few times to cool off. We also ran into a few characters while we were there. And a most of them were dressed up since its "Halloween Time" there.

Ryken was pretty much in awe of the characters. He would just stare at all of them for the most part. But didn't scream which I was afraid he might do. He even gave Mickey Mouse a kiss on the nose. :)


Grandma and Grandpa got in on the fun with the Tigger and Pooh while Justin and I were riding Splash Mountain. One of mine and my moms favorite rides at Disneyland is the Tea Cups and Ryken got to join in on the fun this year with a tea cup ride with Justin, my mom and me.He was trying to turn the wheel before the ride started. And once the ride started he couldn't really hold on. But he did have a fun ride. Here is a little video I took of us while we were on the Tea Cups.


Don't you think he was having a good time?

We had a little fun in ToonTown too. Maybe we had a little to much fun because guess what?...

Justin and Ryken got thrown in the ToonTown Jail. :) Don't worry I bailed them out.



Wednesday we made our way to one of all of our favorites Knottsberry Farm. It is alot of fun for the adults because we all love the roller coasters. I love that both of my parents still love to ride them too. And it was fun for the little ones too cause of the oh so great "Camp Snoopy" with all the "kiddie" rides. And again Justin and I got to join Ryken on some of those rides.

He liked this ride. Every time the car would go around the corners he would just laugh. :)If you look close you can see my big head way up in the air on the camp bus with Ryken.This ride was not his favorite. He kept his eyes closed for all the crazy spinning it did.He liked this ride too. He was just a little disappointed that he couldn't reach the horn to honk. We are so glad that we made this trip with some of my family this year. And it was a much needed vacation for myself. Since like I said before this trip was probably more for me than Justin or Ryken. :) Thanks again mom and dad for letting us drive there with you! And thanks for the fun times brothers and sister in laws of mine. Next time I hope the whole family can be there.

11 comments:

Brooke said...

I LOVE all the pictures! It looks like you guys have too much fun. I need to hang out with you and your family more often or something. :)

ensman said...

You guys have had so many fun trips! What a lucky boy Ryken is to have such fun parents:)

Brianna said...

I am seriously jealous! So is Britt... he said, "Why baby Ryken get to see Mickey Mouse?? I like Mickey Mouse too!" Then he made his grouchy face... I told him we can go when we sell our house, so now maybe he'll help keep it clean so we can sell it sooner. :)
It looks like you guys had a blast though. You sure packed a lot into your trip! We're glad you enjoyed it! Was that a pre-anniversary trip? :)

DeWitts said...

I'm jealous! It looks like so much fun.

Gina Lee said...

How fun! I love all the pictures. Especially Ryken face when the chip munk (i think) was grabbing his face. haha. I love that kid. Glad you had so much fun. Wish it were us on vacation. We need to hang out soon...VERY soon!

Tiffany said...

How fun!! I must admit I am a little jealous...I LOVE Disneyland and it has been so long since I have been there...
I love all the pics and I am glad you guys went and had such a great time with your family! We all need to get together soon! Love ya!

Tara Tenney said...

Cara You looked like you liked Disneyland the best! You little man is so big and cute. It was fun to look at your blog. Take care!

Lyman Family said...

So fun! This makes me want to go again. Ryken is getting so big. What a cutie.

Bekah: said...

We haven't taken Bryn there yet. I really want to go. Looks like you had a blast!

Jonathan and Mandi Crandell said...

Wow, looks like tons of fun. What a cutie little Ryken is.

Hannah + 4 said...

Love the pictures! I'm so jealous! Looks like you guys had a great time!