Sunday, October 19, 2008

Digging for gold... : )

Ryken has started doing something that I really wish he wouldn't do. And he seems to be getting in the habit of doing it even when I tell him NO. But then again he still does anything that I tell him No. That's just kids right or is it just mine?
Anyways.
The thing that I always finding him doing is PICKING HIS NOSE! I hate it! I don't want my kid to be the little kid that picks his nose and eats whatever he gets out. It hasn't gotten to that point yet. But I don't want it to get there. How can I get him to stop? We were with my family the other day and I wanted to get a picture of Ryken with my brother Deak. This is what I got cause he wouldn't take his finger out of his nose!

So Deak thinking it was funny decided he wanted me to take this picture...Ryken isn't really picking his nose in it but his hand is still up to his nose like it seems to be always. Someone HELP! What is a mom to do? :)

8 comments:

the cates said...

You can do nothing! Or at least I can't, mine still does it, i don't know if it is just so interesting to find a hole to put a finger in or what! But if you do find a cure, let me know! We are constantly telling Luke to get his finger out of his nose.

Brittney said...

Oh man can I just tell you I am so glad that someone else's kid is doing this too:)! Raylee thinks she is hilarious when she puts her finger in her nose. The thing is is she isnt picking her nose she just sticks it up there really far and waits for someone to notice and laugh. I was saying no to her and paying attention to it and thats when she kept doing it. So I now ignore her and she doesnt really do it. Although she does suck her 2 middle fingers and her pinki goes right in her nose. that is DRIVING me crazy but everyone thinks its hilarious. I think it is just a phase and they have discovered a cool hole to put their finger in and hopefully it will pass. And fast:) Good luck.

Jennifer said...

Makenna had the same problem! I just made sure to watch her and anytime I saw that finger head to her nose I would tell her no. They are going to do it either way so really....he just has to grow out of it. Makenna is old enough now that I can tell her to go blow her nose.
I'm sorry, I totally know how embarrassing it is!

Woodside's said...

What a funny kid! I am sure I will be coming to you for advice about this later! At least he is cute and distracts from the picking:)

Gina Lee said...

Thats so funny! If you ask Porter where boogers come from he picks his nose. haha. I am sure its a phase and he will get over it soon enough! We need to get together sometime soon!!

Hannah + 4 said...

Ha ha!! I don't think you can do anything Cara... I think it's hilarious. I worry all the time since Avree sucks her two middle fingers that her pointer finger is some day going to make it up her nose!

DeWitts said...

Haha! I need the same advice. Coop is a nose picker and i can't stand it. Hopefully they will grow out of it. If you find anything that works send it my way. I'll do the same for you.

Brooke said...

I had to laugh at this...cuz Ellee has recently taken up this habit again. But, now she actually picks stuff out and says "yucky!" as she hands me her newfound treasures. If I'm not paying attention to her, she'll just wipe them on me. Uh...gross! So, I wish I could say he'll outgrow it soon...but, it could be a while! :)