Friday, October 24, 2008

Friends over to play...

Today Ryken got to have a friend over to play for a few hours. Our friends Gina and Kameron asked us if we could watch their little guy Porter for awhile while they got some things done that would be easier done with out a little one there with them. So we were up for the challenge. : ) But it wasn't a challenge at all. Only our kid like always. : ) Ryken and Porter ended up playing pretty good together. There was a few times that they didn't want to share the toys and they both decided they would rather drink the others sippy cup instead of their own. But nothing to major. We decided to get out of the house for a little while and go play in the backyard since it was nice out. The boys seemed to have a good time playing with the basketball and football. Well Ryken decided to go and stand by one of the trees and watch Porter and Justin play around with the football. Well after awhile he started fussing. At first I thought he was just being a stink pot cause he didn't want to walk in the rocks. But I was looking a little closer and saw something on his leg. So I ran over to him and there was like 50 little ants crawling all over his legs and shoes. They were biting him! I grabbed him and had to hit all the ants off of him and take his shoes off. And this is was the result on one of his legs... (the bites are kinda hard to see but they are there.)



Both of his legs got bitten and I was a bit surprised that he didn't cry about it more. But he actually was ready to go back and play some more. (Oh and I went and got some ant killer and sprayed the crap out of those stupid things. : ) ) Ryken and Porter had a little fun running after the balls and just being outside.

I guess here Ryken was trying to get away from Porter before he got the ball. : )Porter looks like a little football player here. Running with the ball to make a touchdown. : )I guess Ryken got tired of playing ball so he decided to use it as a little seat to rest on. : )

After we were outside for awhile we went in for a little snack. And after that I was trying to find something to keep them entertained for a little longer. So we found Ryken's ball popper machine.

And lets just say they sure liked it. It was one thing that they could both play together. And not get to upset with each other. And they thought it was fun that they could chase the balls that popped out of it. : ) Oh to be a little kid again and be so entertained by the littlest things.

7 comments:

ensman said...

oh my gosh poor Ryken! I HATE ants crawling on me.... I am starting to itch just thinking about it! They look so cute playing football! Oh and congratulations on 4 years!!! It has gone by so fast!:)

Anonymous said...

How cute are those pictures!! Little chubby football players. Poor baby Ryken. One time Josh got eaten up by mosquitoes and I just felt so bad for him!! You are such a good mommy!!

Gina Lee said...

These pictures are SO cute! I love the one you got of Porter being a little football player! And poor Ryken, you didnt tell me that last night! Stupid ants. Thanks again for watching Porter...we had him at the dealership today getting some stuff squared away on the car...NOT FUN! And we werent even there a fraction of what yesterday would have been like. So you are once again a lifesaver! We owe you! And I am stealing some of these pictures by the way for our blog!!

Gina Lee said...

Okay so I tried to steal them and it wouldnt let me...well it would, but my computer couldnt read the software or something. So could you email them to me when you get a chance? I would love them! Thanks!!

Hannah + 4 said...

How fun! And poor Ryken! I can't wait for Avree to get to that age so she can have play dates and I can drop her off at your house :) They look so cute playing!

Sassy said...

ANTS...NOT FUN! he is just so cute and sweet they probably couldn't resist nibbling on him just a little too...the next time you see your sweet mom please give her a BIG HUG from me and tell her I ♥ HER!

Brianna said...

CARA!? Where are you??? I've been looking forward to seeing pics of your Halloween costumes and stuff... I guess I'll just keep checking... love ya girlie!