Friday, October 10, 2008

Shoes...

If you have read any of my previous posts you will know that my son does not like to ware shoes. And now that he is walking we figure he should learn how to get use to shoes anyways. It has been a struggle. I never really worried or cared about it before because he couldn't walk so no real need for shoes, it was HOT outside and so it was okay that he didn't ware shoes cause again he couldn't walk so he wouldn't need shoes for the hot ground or cement. Oh and we let him walk around in Disneyland and Knottsberry Farm without shoes.

Does that make us bad parents? We would occasionally put some little flip flops on him just cause they were cute. But he HATED them too. Another problem with it is his feet are kinda chubby. And he is a stinker and always curls up his toes when I try to put his shoes on. Well we got a pair of shoes for him that we have been trying to be better about putting on him when we go out and sometimes when we are at home. Well he HATES them just like any other shoes. But once he figures out that they are staying on he will just start walking around in them. ( He is still a little wobbly with the shoes on and walking) But yesterday I found him sitting on the floor trying to get them off.

They are the velcro type ones so if he figures it all out then he may learn how to take them off. But he has yet to figure it out.Now he saw that I see he is trying to get them off. I told him no and to leave them alone and I got this...He wasn't to happy with me that I wouldn't help him take them off. But he got over it and was his happy little self again...I am really hoping that as time goes by he will learn to like the shoes. Cause really I don't want him to just ware socks all the time to walk around in especially since it is finally getting cooler. Because really what kind of parent would I be then? : )

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

haha! We had the same exact problem with McKay! He HATED shoes!! It was horrible trying to put them on. It took him a little bit but eventually he got used to them. Now, he doesn't want to take them off. He goes and puts them on all time even if we aren't leaving the house. It will just take some patients :o).
Way cute shoes though.

Gina Lee said...

He does looking pretty cute in his little shoes. I should have bought Porter some too when we found those! Last night was supr fun...we need to do it again soon...and maybe next time we will get our own cinnabon!! =) haha.

P.s. I just noticed the pic of Ryken in the car in California...is he facing forward?? Are you letting him face forward now? Did he like it??

Hannah + 4 said...

We haven't bought Avree shoes yet although I had some from my baby shower she will wear them but she has had the velcro thing figured out for some time so she takes them off pretty quick. She does the same thing as Ryken! I can never get the shoes to fit bc she curls her toes up!! And her feet are also chubby..

Sassy said...

He is such a beautiful baby!!!!